Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Ccamp2)      Join Date: May 2012       07-22-2015, 10:44 AM Reply   
My approach to the edge doesnt feel right. As I ease down to start my progressive eedge the more I get into it the more I start to feel most of my weight is on my back foot. It is even more appearrent when I get on the wake and i think it maybe the biggest factor I am losing a consistent pop.

Does this sound right? If so what can I try to correct?

Thanks for the advice.
Old     (k2rider)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2015, 1:42 PM Reply   
Try setting your weight right off the start when the rope starts to tension up again. Set your edge and the body form you want. You don't want crazy bent legs going into it or you'll just absorb it or try to stand up too tall and get off balance.

Try setting your edge and instead of leaning back too much use the rope to get you more tension in your edge. You want to be leaned back but not so much that you're off balance or your knees are at almost a 90 degree angle. As you get closer to the wake pull the handle in a little bit more towards your hips. This will keep your balance centered and not bucking you on takeoff.

From there you can start playing with your form coming into the wake depending on what trick you're trying to do.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-22-2015, 1:56 PM Reply   
do some edging drills. basically stay on one side of the wake, edge out and back in 3 or 4 times. cross the wake and do it again on the other side. then go switch and repeat edge drills on both sides. you'll start to feel your edges and how to put more weight on front foot or back and how to control your edge.

get that handle in close to your front hip will help a bit as well.