Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-07-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
I found a 2007 malibu V-ride with under 100 hrs. It looks to be an older couple so it most likely wasn't weighted down super heavy and abused. It has the 340HP engine, the illusion X tower (or whatever the backwards swoop tower is called), center ballast, a floating wedge that is polished out, and both fiberglass (installed) and teak platform. Also, has a tandem axle trailer.

It doesn't have tower speaker, nor board racks. No additional ballast, and is basically all factory. I assume it just cruised around the lake.

How much is this boat worth?
How is that tower? I like the look but heard stories about it being flimsy
Is the older SV23 hull good for wake boarding/ surfing? I have no problem adding tons of ballast.
What are things to look out for regarding that specific model?

My plan, add ballast, update the stereo, remove all the decals, keep it clean, then a few seasons from now sell it for another slightly used/ older boat. So will the Ride hold its value?

It sounds like a great deal but I want to get your opinions on price.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       04-07-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
I have a 2006 V-ride with the 340 Monsoon and Illusion tower. I have owned mine since new and have not had any issues with it. The tower is very solid on mine, despite what others have said about them. Maybe I got a good one but that is generally not the kind of luck I have, lol. I will say that I do not have my tower loaded down with speakers, only one board rack on each side, so that may help with longevity.
As far as value I am not sure...others on here can chime in. Those hours are very low...mine has just under 400 which is too low imo, considering I put over 200 on it the first two years! Shows how little i've been able to get out each season. I can't think of any known issues....mine has been a great boat so far and I plan on keeping it a long while. As far as the wake, I have 750's on either side of engine, stock 500 in center tank, and run about 6-700ish in bow. The wake is awesome as far as my skills are concerned. One of my friends' sons is a competetive boarder here locally and he has ridden behind my boat on several occasions and has no complaints about the size or shape of the wake.

Good luck
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-07-2014, 10:43 AM Reply   
If it was just the standard Illusion that they used form 2004ish through 2008 than I think that is a pretty solid tower. The bushing can go bad maybe but not sure that is a huge deal as long as you can still get the bushings. I like the idea that it was an older couple and doesn't appear to be ridden hard. Sure you have to add some stuff but everything will be new and the boat shouldn't have had the stress of pushing a bunch of weight.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-07-2014, 11:24 AM Reply   
thats a great hull. between that the Xstar(205v) and SAN210 hull they are the originals of boarding. that boat should be low to mid 30s in value maybe can find a good deal on one in the high 20s.

Check out themalibucrew.com much more info over there as it is malibu specific.

Wake is great on these i have a 99 ss VLX same hull as what you're looking at.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-07-2014, 11:35 AM Reply   
If you are buying to surf, I'd keep looking (low freeboard, not the best wave-producing hull). As a wakeboard boat it's great.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-07-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
Oh no. We wakeboard about 95% and surf 5%. The condition is excellent. I want to offer $30k for it.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-07-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
30k is a good price i would say. fair on both ends... low hours isnt always best. who knows how long it sat. and sitting is worse than running it 100 hours a year IMO
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-07-2014, 11:48 AM Reply   
and for wake 95% and surf 5% thats about what i do too. you will be more than happy.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-07-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
The story is, it's an old couple that would take a trip to the lake once a year. But was stored at their house. No salt use.

What is the factory ballast setup on those boats? Does it use aerator pumps or reversible? We are used to a steep wake, so with 500 in the belly, about 500 in each rear hatch, with wedge, and maybe 750 in the bow, will it start to crumble at slower speeds? 22-23mph. It would be nice to not need the bow weight simply because I need the storage space under the seats and it would be Manual fill.

For surfing, i would most likely just keep the 500 pound sacs. Would it be surf able with 500 pounds in the rear locker and the 500 belly tank? Not really looking for the perfect wave, just something surf able.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-07-2014, 12:27 PM Reply   
As a smaller boat it doesn't take too much weight to get good. I'd think it'd push that weight fine at 23. Adding or subtracting wedge makes a big difference too (more/less "vert")
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-07-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
Malibu is a rampier wake. It is the opposite of a steep nautique style wake. Most run 750s in rear 500 in belly. I don't have a wedge but hear it adds some steepness. Less bow weight should make a steeper wake. Factory was 400s rear 500 belly on aerators I believe.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-07-2014, 3:31 PM Reply   
The guys is asking $35900. Would it be an insult to offer $30k cash? His reason for selling, he just isn't a boat person and his kids Arn't into it. Sounds like a perfect boat to swoop up. What would you guys offer? What's considered low balling?

I have $15k as a down payment from an old centurion I sold awhile ago.
The boat just had an inspection done. He had a buyer already setup, but his loan didn't go through.

The boat is perfect, the cover needs some small seams sewed.

I would invest in a small stereo, perko flush kit, rear ballast, and some board racks.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-07-2014, 3:42 PM Reply   
I sold a boat like that (albeit with ballast, stereo, racks, heater, etc already done) in 2011 for $31.5K. It's a different market now (better for sellers). I'd think it's "worth" 32-33k. At 35K, you can start to get into the 05+ vlx, so even if this boat were absolutely showroom, it's not worth more than that. IMHO, etc etc.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       04-07-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Sounds like a trouble free potential boat
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-07-2014, 4:46 PM Reply   
On Only inboards there is:
08 for 45,900
06 for 33,500
06 for 36,500

All are at dealers and all are overpriced IMO. Plus all have way more options. I think 30-32K tops.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-07-2014, 5:27 PM Reply   
If the seller has the slightest clue what the current market is on a boat like that, I don't think you'll get much traction on that offer. It's nearly 17% off his asking price.

My only negative on that boat is no below floor ballast.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       04-07-2014, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250frider617 View Post
The story is, it's an old couple that would take a trip to the lake once a year. But was stored at their house. No salt use.

What is the factory ballast setup on those boats? Does it use aerator pumps or reversible? We are used to a steep wake, so with 500 in the belly, about 500 in each rear hatch, with wedge, and maybe 750 in the bow, will it start to crumble at slower speeds? 22-23mph. It would be nice to not need the bow weight simply because I need the storage space under the seats and it would be Manual fill.

For surfing, i would most likely just keep the 500 pound sacs. Would it be surf able with 500 pounds in the rear locker and the 500 belly tank? Not really looking for the perfect wave, just something surf able.

We maybe surf 5% if that, but used to do it probably 30-40 % the first few years. You will have a hard time getting a surfable (rope free) wave with just the 500 lbs rear and center imo. When I surf I have 750 as full as I can get it in rear. 600 lb bag on passenger side seat (probably getting 400 or so actual weight in there) , usually another small bag 150ish in front of that one, center tank full, and then bow weight. I have the integrated under seat bow sack , don't remember size but maybe getting 2-300 in there, and then another 150lbs sack on the left side of playpen tied to the bow rail. I have another sack that holds probably 300 or so that stays in the walkthrough as far forward as I can get it under the playpen cushions. That always stays there for boarding so we just leave it for surfing. With the wedge down we can easily surf rope less. Its not a giant wave but it's fun enough . I just hate filling sacks and the way the boat handles loaded down like that and prefer wake boarding and wake skating. That is a lot of weight and i'm not saying you need that much to surf, but it's what we do. As a side note it's usually just me and one other friend so we need the ballast, lol.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       04-07-2014, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
If the seller has the slightest clue what the current market is on a boat like that, I don't think you'll get much traction on that offer. It's nearly 17% off his asking price.

My only negative on that boat is no below floor ballast.
Hey it never hurts to make an offer. Sounds like the op has a sizable down payment so he should be able to swing the loan no prob. which might be appealing to the seller if he's in a hurry. Downside is spring is here and it is a sellers market. The boat does have the 500 lb center tank. Will have to plumb in the rest which will cost some money and time but sounds like a nice boat. Only driven to church on Sunday's downhill both ways!
Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       04-07-2014, 5:41 PM Reply   
this might be something you would want 2005 Malibu Wakesetter vlx 29,900
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bod/4410432358.html

Last edited by Bret; 04-07-2014 at 5:43 PM. Reason: Make it better
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-07-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
2008 with less than 60 hrs. reserve could be close to $30k
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Malibu-...wer_Motorboats
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-07-2014, 9:18 PM Reply   
Heres the ad.

http://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/4381345515.html
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-08-2014, 5:26 AM Reply   
The guy thinks he is already giving someone a smoking deal…."priced $1000 below NADA"…."so please don'e low ball, it's one of the best deals out there"!!

Good luck negotiating with this guy.
Old     (2LakeWake)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-08-2014, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:

I have an '06 Vride that has 500 midship, 250 in each rear locker. Usually we fill all of those, throw an additional 300lbs in the bow and drop the wedge. Wake isn't as stellar as some on here, but I don't surf 24/7. IT IS SURFABLE though. I have thought about ditching the rear hard tanks for 500's in the back but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Not sure how they set up the '07's but mine is equipped with aerator pumps to fill and aerator pumps to drain.....that could have changed in '07.

Somebody said go to themalibucrew.com for more info.....I HIGHLY recommend that. The guys at TMC are extremely knowledgeable.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-08-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Justin, getting rid of the hard tanks is awesome, if only for the added storage and for how much easier it is to work on the engine. I'd highly recommend, even if you only put 400s back there.
Old     (jcon44)      Join Date: Aug 2012 Location: denver, NC       04-08-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
the seller should have left out the picture of the boat beached with a dog in the bow.. everything else looks pretty good.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-08-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
The guy thinks he is already giving someone a smoking deal…."priced $1000 below NADA"…."so please don'e low ball, it's one of the best deals out there"!!

Good luck negotiating with this guy.
I just emailed him explaining his boat since he "Isn't a boat guy." Telling him how the SV23 hull has been around since the 90's and that a 2002 wake setter is basically the same boat etc. I don't know, hopefully he takes my offer. The boat for sure isn't worth the $35,900 he is asking.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-08-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon44 View Post
the seller should have left out the picture of the boat beached with a dog in the bow.. everything else looks pretty good.
No worries there, I have a 100 pound rhodesian ridgeback that will be in the boat also HA. Seeing the amount of hours on the boat, I doubt he could have done any damage to the white hull with few trips he's made to the lake.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-08-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
I think I would have sent him listings for comparable boats at lower prices to get my point across, instead of telling him his boat is no different than something manufactured in 2002.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-08-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
Excellent.... Love the negotiating technique... Here's my offer, now let me tell you about my superior boat knowledge to justify it.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-08-2014, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I think I would have sent him listings for comparable boats at lower prices to get my point across, instead of telling him his boat is no different than something manufactured in 2002.
The problem is, they are all dealer boats asking stupid prices for them. Here's one.
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=42366

Anyone with half a brain can see thats is a rip off. I can already see how they get those prices too. Probably just google up 07'/08' malibu and see a actual wakesetter for 50k then figure they have the same thing. NADA boats says the boat is worth $29-30k.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-08-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
That one on ebay looks like a better deal.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       04-08-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
The boat looks cherry to me, but his price is way too high. If you've got cash in hand, then you've got the advantage in negotiating. Make sure that you let him know you've got it ready to go and can pay/pick it up ASAP. Also, I wouldn't have insulted him by saying that the 02 is basically the same boat/hull, but instead explain to him how there are similar boats in the same year range for about the same or less money with more options like tower speakers, ballasts, etc. and that you would like to get the boat for a bit better price since it's missing these options.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-08-2014, 11:57 AM Reply   
Oh no I didn't explain it in a negative, insulting way. I told him I did some some research and this is what I found out... The hull has been the same etc. etc
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-08-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
overpriced. 30-31K more like it.
Old     (rottenland)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-08-2014, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
That one on ebay looks like a better deal.

Other than that "Use: Salt Water" thing
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-08-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
Well, I guess he has had a few offers for $32k already, but won't budge until he gets $34k. Ill let someone else pay full price for the boat. Theres got to be other good deals coming up.

If anyone spots a black/ white 21-23 ft Vdrive for sale in the SoCal, Vegas, Havasu area let me know. Really, anything below $35k or right around there.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       04-08-2014, 6:35 PM Reply   
I wouldnt buy that boat... They store boulders on the tower and bimini...

Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       04-08-2014, 8:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well, I guess he has had a few offers for $32k already, but won't budge until he gets $34k. Ill let someone else pay full price for the boat. Theres got to be other good deals coming up.

If anyone spots a black/ white 21-23 ft Vdrive for sale in the SoCal, Vegas, Havasu area let me know. Really, anything below $35k or right around there.
There's a big difference in randomly "offering" $32k (usually without having even talked to the bank yet) and actually having it ready to go. If you've got the cash in hand already or the loan lined up, take $30k in $100 bills and set in front of him and I bet he will change his tune real quick. If he still says no, tell him to call you back in a month when he still hasn't sold it.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-08-2014, 8:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
this might be something you would want 2005 Malibu Wakesetter vlx 29,900
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bod/4410432358.html
That is a steal of a deal. I wonder if there is a catch to it.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-08-2014, 8:15 PM Reply   
Sorry to kinda hijack, but I'm going to sell my ride in your price range. Hasn't been posted anywhere yet.

2005 Calabria Pro-V, 330hp / 404hrs. I'm the original owner.
Email: joediver61@hotmail.com if you think it might work for you. Thanks!

---JOE---
Attached Images

Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-08-2014, 9:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
There's a big difference in randomly "offering" $32k (usually without having even talked to the bank yet) and actually having it ready to go. If you've got the cash in hand already or the loan lined up, take $30k in $100 bills and set in front of him and I bet he will change his tune real quick. If he still says no, tell him to call you back in a month when he still hasn't sold it.
That's what I want to do but he is located about an hour and half to two hours away. Kinda far to drive down just for him to say no.

Like some one said earlier. He thinks it's worth $39k so his lowest price of $34 is a steal, according to him.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-09-2014, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's what I want to do but he is located about an hour and half to two hours away. Kinda far to drive down just for him to say no.

Like some one said earlier. He thinks it's worth $39k so his lowest price of $34 is a steal, according to him.
WOW. Hour and a half/2 hours. That's nothing dude. People drive 8 hours for the right deal/steal. Not only that, but you gotta see the boat before you negotiate. Obviously he is going to say no over the internet - what if you offer him 30 and then look at the boat and say "oh this is wrong with it".......

Cash walks, random email offers walk bro. A brief case full of cash would be hard to pass up, IMO.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       04-09-2014, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I wouldnt buy that boat... They store boulders on the tower and bimini...

Didn't catch that....That shows how tough the Illusion tower really is! Lol
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-09-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
some people get excited when they see a pile of cash and some don't... personally i don't care if i see 30,000 in cash or on a check it all goes in a bank account. I'm not stashing it in a mattress or burying it . If I'm selling something, showing up with less than I said I'd take, but in cash , isn't going to change my mind. I just had that happen a few months ago when i sold a vehicle. I told the guy my bottom line over the phone and he showed up and handed me a stack of cash that was 2k less than my bottom line. I counted it and said you're a couple grand short bud. He said he figured i'd see the money and change my mind. Guess who ended up at the bank pulling out more $$
You are right though theres always another deal down the road. Personally i won't buy something if i dont feel like i got a deal on it.
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-09-2014, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
some people get excited when they see a pile of cash and some don't... personally i don't care if i see 30,000 in cash or on a check it all goes in a bank account. I'm not stashing it in a mattress or burying it . If I'm selling something, showing up with less than I said I'd take, but in cash , isn't going to change my mind. I just had that happen a few months ago when i sold a vehicle. I told the guy my bottom line over the phone and he showed up and handed me a stack of cash that was 2k less than my bottom line. I counted it and said you're a couple grand short bud. He said he figured i'd see the money and change my mind. Guess who ended up at the bank pulling out more $$
You are right though theres always another deal down the road. Personally i won't buy something if i dont feel like i got a deal on it.
+1

If my bottom line is too high, the market will correct me when it won't sell and I have to drop the price.
Old     (skers85)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-09-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
WOW. Hour and a half/2 hours. That's nothing dude. People drive 8 hours for the right deal/steal. Not only that, but you gotta see the boat before you negotiate. Obviously he is going to say no over the internet - what if you offer him 30 and then look at the boat and say "oh this is wrong with it".......

Cash walks, random email offers walk bro. A brief case full of cash would be hard to pass up, IMO.
I drove 17 hours one way to pick up my boat if you like don't let the drive scare you

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-09-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
I don't mind the drive at all to pick it up, but I won't play cat and mouse, driving back and forth if they guy won't sell for $30k. If he says he has had offers for 32k but didn't take them then he either is full of BS or doesn't want to budge. Time will tell if the boat is still for sale a month or two from now. Im in no hurry. I too don't want to buy a boat unless Im getting some kind of deal.

The market here in SoCal kind of sucks. I had to drop the price on the centurion I sold by a couple grand.
I've spotted a few boats that went up for sale a year ago, were taken off, and now they are back for sale at thousands less.

One is a 05' Xstar: started at 50k, now at 44k
03' SAN: started at 33k, just sold last week for 26K (I'm bummed on that deal, didn't find it in time)
Not to mention all the used boats on dealer lots that have been posted for sale for months now.
Old     (skers85)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-09-2014, 4:28 PM Reply   
To bad on that San

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-09-2014, 4:45 PM Reply   
Thats not just So Cal. I look at craigslist almost everyday, more as a hobby than looking to buy anything anymore. There are boats on there that were overpriced in the fall and are still overpriced sitting there now. Some have even increased prices thinking it must be worth more in the spring. With people willing to travel and adds seen by all on the internet, if it doesn't sell there is a reason. Overpriced…crap..junk, etc. Its still a buyers market, even in the spring. Wait for the right deal, it will come.

Also let me throw this out there to you. Take it as you will. I have backed off lately, but I used to buy and sell probably 25 boats, bikes, sleds, etc a year mostly on craigslist. Emailing an offer having never seen the boat to me is just bad form. Totally turns me off. I won't negotiate a cent over email to people who have never even seen what i have for sale. Because 95% of the time they are scammers, idiots, or flakes. I have accepted a lot(50+) offers over the phone and internet that I NEVER heard from the people again. As a seller its a waste of time. I could tell you some stories!! So if you emailed me telling me my boat wasn't worth my price and you know all about boats and then offer way less..you'd be lucky to get a response. Have a little respect and drive down and look at the boat and talk to the man. Maybe they are good pictures and the boat is crap. Seen plenty of those. Maybe the boat is nice and he will take 30-32 when he knows your serious standing there in front of him. If he is an older guy thats probably how he does business. Making cold(sight unseen) offers over the internet isn't going to go very far with most private sellers. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-09-2014, 9:21 PM Reply   
In my experience buying things, negotiating over the phone hasn't been a problem. However people buying from me have been less than ideal. Not everyone is trustworthy and straight up. I drove 8.5 hrs each direction to buy my boat. I talked to the man on the phone asked a million questions, told him how far away i'd be driving and made sure he was a straight shooter and knew i was the same. I asked for more pictures of specific things so we weren't wasting each others time. asked if he'd be willing to take what i thought was a fair price with the understanding it needed to check out when i got there. I asked how he wanted payment as well. He said he felt confident by the questions i asked that i was serious and so he then knew i wasn't one of the million emails and flakes he'd dealt with prior. An honest conversation will go a lot further than an email. In my case its the reason i got the deal i did. If you want it bad enough you'll make it happen. I've never gotten a good deal being lackadaisical or emailing anyone, both in business and in buying toys.
If you really want a v ride with that color scheme i wouldn't let a $1000 stand between me and exactly what I wanted. Maybe 33 is the magic number and he can help you with sales tax on the back end to sweeten the deal for ya

Last edited by bass10after; 04-09-2014 at 9:27 PM.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-10-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
In my experience buying things, negotiating over the phone hasn't been a problem. However people buying from me have been less than ideal. Not everyone is trustworthy and straight up. I drove 8.5 hrs each direction to buy my boat. I talked to the man on the phone asked a million questions, told him how far away i'd be driving and made sure he was a straight shooter and knew i was the same. I asked for more pictures of specific things so we weren't wasting each others time. asked if he'd be willing to take what i thought was a fair price with the understanding it needed to check out when i got there. I asked how he wanted payment as well. He said he felt confident by the questions i asked that i was serious and so he then knew i wasn't one of the million emails and flakes he'd dealt with prior. An honest conversation will go a lot further than an email. In my case its the reason i got the deal i did. If you want it bad enough you'll make it happen. I've never gotten a good deal being lackadaisical or emailing anyone, both in business and in buying toys.
If you really want a v ride with that color scheme i wouldn't let a $1000 stand between me and exactly what I wanted. Maybe 33 is the magic number and he can help you with sales tax on the back end to sweeten the deal for ya
Oh no doubt, I like the boat but it isn't really exactly what I want. I would prefer the newer hull and a few other things. But, if I did get it for a lower price, I could easily settle. The boat for $30k is perfect but for $33-34 then after I install rear ballast, board racks, tower speakers, etc, Ill be in around 36-37. There are plenty other boats in that price range. FYI: this is my preferred boat that I would buy in a heart beat if I had the cash:
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=42708

It has the galvanized trailer, closed cooling salt water series that I need, all the extra ballast, everything. But $55k is a lot to spend on a toy.