Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-24-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
Hey everyone- Looking at a new boat, a 2012 Sport Nautique 200V. Anyone have one? Whatcha think? What would you do/get different on the boat? We pretty much do a little of everything like ski, wakeboard, wakeskate, and surf. Not the best at any of it, but we try it all. What do you guys think of the 343hp vs. the 409hp? I kinda want the 6.0, but it is more $$$$ than the 5.7. Thanks in advance, Ryan
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
The 343 is enough in the 210, it is more than enough for the 200v. Its a great all-around boat, the only issue I have heard of is it has a tendency to dip the nose if you aren't driving with care.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
The 200v is a true 3 event crossover boat. Its based on the 200 and will deliver a great slalom wake as well as a decent wakeboard and surf wake.
If you are serious about all three this is a good choice . If you want a better surf and wakeboard wake go with a 210. The 343 will be fine however the 6.0 turns it into a ferrari on water . Either way you got a great boat.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-24-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
Are you looking for a WAKEboat but need a size restriction?
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-24-2012, 9:03 PM Reply   
Really looking for the all around boat, skiing is still important, but want a ok wake to board and surf too. I am no pro, just need decent for all three. Just thought 200 would cover all three pretty well. Size of boat is not a limit at this time, but don't want too big of boat as we play on a fairly small, shallow, narrow section of river. I do like Ferrari's....
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-25-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
The search for the holy grail...
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-25-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Are you considering other brands? We looked at the 200 ad found it pricey for a dressed up "ski" boat
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-25-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
The 200V is a great boat and one of the best crossover boats on the market. It is typically more than comparable models but will also deliver more. Having the award winning hull of the 200 direct drive yet equiped nicely with factory ballast, wake tower, and obviously a V drive. The walk thru transom is such a nice feature for keeping people off of your vinyls. Having the ski pylon stored under the rear seat is very plush as well and gives you the option of having a tournament ski pylon when you want it giving the seating area a more open feel without a fixed mounted ski pylon. Other feature that this boat has that others may not are keyless ignition (no toggle switches!), tracking fins (give you that hard bite when going through turns), recessed battery boxes to free up more storage, removable jump seat, gortex stitching in vinyl (6 times more expensive than standard thread and much more breathable and durable, and then if you jump into a team edition you can also get the LINC system and upgraded stereo. I'm sure you already most of this, just some things to consider when you look at prices. CC also uses PCM engines which are some of the best engines in the industry. Of course I might get reemed for some of these statements but if you were to compare horsepower between comparable 5.7lt engines, PCM puts out some of the most horse power in it's class and most torque.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-25-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
^you sound like a commercial

Good info though, no hate
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-25-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
The 200V is a great boat and one of the best crossover boats on the market. It is typically more than comparable models but will also deliver more. Having the award winning hull of the 200 direct drive yet equiped nicely with factory ballast, wake tower, and obviously a V drive. The walk thru transom is such a nice feature for keeping people off of your vinyls. Having the ski pylon stored under the rear seat is very plush as well and gives you the option of having a tournament ski pylon when you want it giving the seating area a more open feel without a fixed mounted ski pylon. Other feature that this boat has that others may not are keyless ignition (no toggle switches!), tracking fins (give you that hard bite when going through turns), recessed battery boxes to free up more storage, removable jump seat, gortex stitching in vinyl (6 times more expensive than standard thread and much more breathable and durable, and then if you jump into a team edition you can also get the LINC system and upgraded stereo. I'm sure you already most of this, just some things to consider when you look at prices. CC also uses PCM engines which are some of the best engines in the industry. Of course I might get reemed for some of these statements but if you were to compare horsepower between comparable 5.7lt engines, PCM puts out some of the most horse power in it's class and most torque.
Even as a Nautique fan, this post made me LOL...
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-25-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
That's one glowing review. You are about to get a bunch of profile hits so see if you work for Correct Craft.
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-25-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
D Ave- Yeah, all very good points about the 200. It seems solid, looks good, has what I want, nothing I don't. This will be the third Nautique I buy, I am a little partial to them.... I did upholstery in a previous life and it is no joke that I crynge when people walk on the vinyl. So, I really like the walk through transom plus the quality of the work and materials used for the upholstery is second to none compared to others in my opinion. Thanks again guys.....
Old     (Giesh164)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-25-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
im curious too on how the wakeboard wake is when its sacked out. anyone know? iv'e got a friend whos thinking of buying one also. the slalom wake sounds solid, but he wants to load it down for wake as well. any info?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-25-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
We ride factory ballast plus a fatsac on the floor in the back and a bow sac up front with 2-3 people. Its no 210 or 230 but its pretty decent for the 200hull. But then again we're also on a private lake thats only 7-9' deep so there is only so much weight u can put in to be productive.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-26-2012, 3:01 AM Reply   
I think this comes down to do you want a ski boat with WAKEboat capabilities ( this/x14v) or a wake boat with ski capabilities(a20/rzr/x2)
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-26-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
I guess to answer simplej, i still have to have a boat to take down the ski course, might look like an elephant in a tu-tu, but to keep pops happy and for a good laugh when I do it, it has to be able to run the course. Going to talk with the man on Thurday about ordering one vs. the one on the lot, cash vs. finance, etc. I will keep ya posted on to my stupidity
Old     (wakebrdgod)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-26-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
looked at a vtx on the diamond? Better wake-building capability and fine in slalom course.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-26-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
I'd call the vtx a good middle ground. Take A peek at the r20/ rzr or a20 as well. You could run a course with those boats but they each throw pretty mackin wakes for 20fters
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-26-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
Cool. I will take a look.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-26-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
I was excited to see the 200V before I actually got to sit in one, actually thought it could be the boat to replace my SV211. However, after sitting in one for a little time at the boat show I don't think it offers enough interior room to cause me to upgrade. I was also interested in the 216V but that boat never seemed to take off, I have never seen one in person and rarely hear people talk about it.

Looking beyond Nautiques, I have spent a few days in a Malibu VTX and found it to be quite a good crossover. With taller sides and more seating surfaces it feels much more like a wakeboard boat than any of the Nautique crossovers. If the VTX was available when I was boat shopping in 2005 it is likely that would be what I would own today.

This is WakeWorld and the majority of posters here rarely task their boats to run over 30MPH so your questions about powerplants will be skewed. I have driven the Nautique 200DD with the ZR6 and it is plenty fast for everything including barefoot. The new ski hulls are very wet designed more to minimize the ski wake and spray, they are not as fast as the hulls developed 10 years ago and thus require bigger motors. The new 200DD with the Excalibur is not fast enough for the barefooters needs. There is not a huge difference in the performance between the boats below 35MPH. So, if you don't barefoot and don't need freshwater cooling then the Excalibur is a goodchoice.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-26-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
200V is not a good family boat unless you have one child with no friends. Good crossover, not a good family boat. Little/no storage for a family and all your watersports gear.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-26-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Oh and dont think you cant drive a 230 down the course and slalom! I was in Shaun Murrays coastal 230 when he pulled a slalom skier running 22' off lol
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-26-2012, 5:42 PM Reply   
SimpleJ- Tige's look sick. To be fair, if I do go with a new boat, I will look at these up close and personal for sure.

Mikeski- You bring up another point, I have seen plenty of sv211's for sale, I have been thinking used, save some cash, deal with a used boat.... i know some good ones are out there, but man, what a pain.... That is a whole other post "who has a sv211, what do you think" that I will save for later..... 200v does seem a little light on the storage side. VTX looks pretty cool, but please dont string me up, I just dont like malibu's. No ground to stand on, just don't like them, sorry. We have barefooted a lot in the past, so having that ability would be a good thing, plus I like going fast.

LR3- That's badass!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-26-2012, 6:05 PM Reply   
Ryan, is 2 boats at all possible? I mean you could probably find a few year old SAN210, VLX or Xstar plus buy a 90's nautique 196, malibu response or MAstercraft prostar 190 and pay about the same as a new NAutique sport 200v. I just don't like the idea of a boat that can do it all because trying to find a perfect crossover boat means your pops is going to sacrafice some of his ski wake and you are going to sacrafice wakeboard and surf wake. That being said for most 2 boats isn't an option for storage and other reasons. Hell spend half of what you would on a new 200v and get a early/mid 2000's SAN and an early 90's 196 or prostar.
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-26-2012, 9:26 PM Reply   
Brett- I see what you are saying.... We have a 96 Nautique 176 in his garage now, had it for 8 yrs plus.... Maybe I go for a less expensive older wakeboat for me and my buds, keep the lil boat around for skiing with pops for the next few years.... I mean ****, its paid for, and what are gonna get for it anyway if we do sell..... More stuff to ponder....
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-27-2012, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Oh and dont think you cant drive a 230 down the course and slalom! I was in Shaun Murrays coastal 230 when he pulled a slalom skier running 22' off lol
I tried skiing a 230 last fall, i think we ended up driving around 38mph @ 28off to try and smooth out the wake.... No luck, it was horrible and terrifying.
Old     (wakebrdgod)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-27-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDEPAEPE View Post
SimpleJ- Tige's look sick. To be fair, if I do go with a new boat, I will look at these up close and personal for sure.

Mikeski- You bring up another point, I have seen plenty of sv211's for sale, I have been thinking used, save some cash, deal with a used boat.... i know some good ones are out there, but man, what a pain.... That is a whole other post "who has a sv211, what do you think" that I will save for later..... 200v does seem a little light on the storage side. VTX looks pretty cool, but please dont string me up, I just dont like malibu's. No ground to stand on, just don't like them, sorry. We have barefooted a lot in the past, so having that ability would be a good thing, plus I like going fast.

LR3- That's badass!
If you're looking to barefoot, ski, and WB, the 200 is very likely out. That same hull is under the SN 200 and That hull has some serious drag. Check out ballofspray.com. VTX is definitely fast enough to barefoot. I can see through the kool-aid but in full disclosure I do own a Malibu, but its the only decnet option for doing all 3 IMO.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-27-2012, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdgod View Post
If you're looking to barefoot, ski, and WB, the 200 is very likely out. That same hull is under the SN 200 and That hull has some serious drag. Check out ballofspray.com. VTX is definitely fast enough to barefoot. I can see through the kool-aid but in full disclosure I do own a Malibu, but its the only decnet option for doing all 3 IMO.
Are you saying a regular SN200 is not fast enough to barefoot behind or not good for skiing?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-27-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
HA after re reading it yes it did sound like a commercial and yes I do promote Nautique boats because I believe in them. As far as my previous post he asked for info regarding the boat so having the knowledge that I do, I shared it. To try and seperate myself from the rest I will say that the 200V is a great boat to dabble in a little bit of everything yet I am not saying that other boats/brands will not work for you or satisfy your every need. Other brands especially the big one's put a lot of effort and quality into their boats, I am simply sharing my knowledge regarding the 200V as the guy asked and I do believe that it is among the top in it's class. Not preaching that Nautique is the greatest and every other boat sucks so lets clarify that as well.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-27-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
lol

Guy wants to buy brand new nautique. WW suggests he buy a 20 year old Prostar and a 10 year old SAN. Thanks for the laugh guys.
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-27-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
Tom- Thats funny! Problem is, I am half way thinking about it, lol! Keep what we got for skiing and buy an older wake boat. UGH!!!!......Screw it, sell it all, and I am buying a 1977 Glastron and partying!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-27-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
lol

Guy wants to buy brand new nautique. WW suggests he buy a 20 year old Prostar and a 10 year old SAN. Thanks for the laugh guys.
Too bad he is actually considering what I said. HE and his father are going to be much happier with a wake specific boat and keeping his nautique 176. I only pointed out buying an older 196 or prostar 190 because I didn't know they still had a ski specific boat. Also, my brining up an older SAN was to show that you can get a better wakeboard wake from a boat 10 years old and less then half the price.

Back to the OP though. With near 100% certainty I will say your dad will hate any and every vdrive ski wake if he is use to a nautique 176. Now you might be fine with the wakeboard and surf wake of the 200v but you can get better I am sure for a lot less that will have more room and storage. Since you already have the 176 and seem to like Nautique's try to find a couple year old SAN210 or SAN230. You could probably buy a new SAN210 for fairly close to what you would pay for a new 200v but if you find something used you will avoid the initial depriciation which can be pretty bad on the more expensive wakeboard boat brands.

Really, the only downfalls are that you will have to deal with towing and storing 2 boats, have to pay insurance on both and have to maintain both. It may not work at all if you have no place to keep the boats. One nice thing about the maintanance is that the 176 is probaby so simple all you have to do is drain the water at the end of each year before the winter and change the oil every 50 hours or so. Assuming your dad uses his ski boat like most skiers he probably doesn't put many hours on the boat himself as they usually only go out with 1 or 2 people, ski and then get off the lake.
Old     (wakebrdgod)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-27-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are you saying a regular SN200 is not fast enough to barefoot behind or not good for skiing?
Great for skiing. Not for footing. 42 is what I see reported as top speed with the 343. Put a footer back there and 2 passengers and you're getting 40 MAYBE. Just sayin if the guy is looking to foot as well, that sport will be tapped out for a very slow barefoot pull.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-27-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
Oh...forgot we have the 6.0L in both our 200s, so that makes sense then w/ the 343
Old    9Drozd            06-27-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdgod View Post
Great for skiing. Not for footing. 42 is what I see reported as top speed with the 343. Put a footer back there and 2 passengers and you're getting 40 MAYBE. Just sayin if the guy is looking to foot as well, that sport will be tapped out for a very slow barefoot pull.
I came across this the other day http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/the...bles-contests/. Go to 1:20 mark. I dont know what prop or motor but its a G23 and pulling 2 footers. I would think the 200v would be plenty fine to barefoot behind. I have no facts or experience to back this up, its just and observation.

Last edited by 9Drozd; 06-27-2012 at 1:53 PM.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-27-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
I have friends who use their 200 to tow the girlfriend barefooting while the boyfriend wakeboards and its cool to see him raley over top of her. Im no pro barefooter but we only ride around 36mph.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-27-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
Going to take a wild shot in the dark here. Ryans profile says hes 35 and assuming his dad didn't have him when he was 20 that means his dad is well into his 50's. There are definitely some bad a$$ old timers out there behind the boat but most guys I know that age don't barefoot at 40mph+ just sayin.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-27-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
Another point here is that it doesn't sound like they are looking to buy a boat for the "best" ski wake. Or the "best" wakeboard wake. They simply want something that can do all 3 and the 200V definitely can.
Old     (wakebrdgod)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-27-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
Would be interesting to see the 200 at barefoot speeds. Watson doubling looked about 37 mph tho and required a step off. Tough to compare that with a 200 but, when a lot of the skiers on ball of spray at hitting almost 4k rpm at 34 mph, there just can't be that much more speed to be had. Great boat, but just doesn't seem to be a rocket.
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-27-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
All right- So, ya, Dad will be 66, i am going on 37. Dad still skis pretty good, boards and wakeskates too. I like what you are saying D ave, we just need to do all three, never going to be the best at any of it so good is good enough. Thanks dudes! Going to talk with Bob at Superior tomorrow and go from there. Probably leave there and go to Suisun to the Tige dealer and get a close look at the boat they have there now. Not the model I would want but will show features, craftsmanship, etc....
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-27-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
When talking about "ballofspray" ^^^ur talking about the 200 right not 200v?

If its the 200, do they have the 409? I dont understand what ur getting at about the 200 since all these world records keep falling behind the 200.
Old     (wakebrdgod)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-28-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
When talking about "ballofspray" ^^^ur talking about the 200 right not 200v?

If its the 200, do they have the 409? I dont understand what ur getting at about the 200 since all these world records keep falling behind the 200.
some do some don't. So long as people can get to speed on a short site, most pure slalom skiers would prefer NOT have the 409. I don't follow what records you're talking about. Chris Parrish set one 2 years ago. Regina Jacquess has set at least 2 since then behind malibu. The 200 is just not a "fast" hull, but it's a great slalom wake no doubt, partly because the hull is doing such a good job of massaging the water underneath. But back to the point, if people are seeing 42 mph top ends with the SN 200, the vdrive won't be faster considering its will likely require an even shallower prop to perform when weighted. Does that mean 200 not sweet, absolutely not, its an awesome boat. But I follow ball of spray closely and there have been many gripes about the SN200s speed and RPMs. As I recall there were several people who couldn't even get to speed in time for the course in their private lakes.
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-28-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
Well.... Drove to look at the Tige this am. Pretty nice, but no Nautique. Feel of the floor and carpet, quality of interior, gauges, switches, etc. was just not there. Please don't stone me. Then drove to look at the 200V again. So nice. Little shy on space, agreed, but such quality in my opinion. I was looking on how to take out the seat that faces the driver side already so that the back facing and forward facing passengers would have some leg room plus make it easier to get boards off racks etc. That Linc 2 Digital dash stuff with zero off is pretty cool too. I will order one to get exactly the way I want IF I go new..... Headed out the door right now to go look at an 08 SV211...... Let those opinions roll. How is the SV211 as a multi-purpose boat? I think I know, but info from owners would help! Thanks!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-28-2012, 1:53 PM Reply   
211 is nice with the walk thru transom as well and will give you more room and accomidate your wake needs a bit more before your ski needs. Performance wise the 200V drives and handles better. You really need to drive both. The 200V has such a nice turn. I know it sounds dumb but that boat turns so hard and FLAT. Flat meaning it will not roll onto one side when turning like most boats do. When you crank into a turn in a 200V the deck almost feels parrallel to the water as to where the 211 will roll into a turn a bit more.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-28-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
I still remain fully satisfied with my sv211 .... and it's not for sale ... but it's not a ski boat. And that disappoints my brother deeply.

It doesn't bother me, as I don't mind as much, but I wish it would have lived up better to its crossover billing if only for my brother's sake. Still, he does barefoot behind it. I've got the stock prop and we throttle it to WO. Oh ??? speed will be somewhere in the mid-40's.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-28-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
Heres our 200v

Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-28-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
I have wakeboarded and surfed behind a 211, and it was great. While I haven't skiied behind one, the guy I know that has one's primary complaint with it is when he skis one or two off. Long line isn't a problem.
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-01-2012, 5:39 AM Reply   
Well the SV211, while priced really well, was a turd. Felt like I was not getting the "whole" story either... "well I am selling this for my friend...." It had bank repo written all over it and for a boat with such low hours, it was beat. "it just got detailed".... yea right, by a three old maybe. Anyways, I wanted to drive for 4 hours that afternoon instead of getting on the water, whatever.....

Dave and Jonathon- The 211 is a big boat. I see what you are both saying, not a good "ski" boat, good for other stuff though and is going to handle like a bigger boat, not the smaller more nimble boats.

LR3- Awesome! So Cool. Very close to the one here that I have been looking at, except for Black tower.....

Thanks everyone for input!

So right now the plan is to be patient, finish the jeep project in the garage, then I am going for it with a new 200V. Need about another year on the jeep project, then it's on! Ya only live once, right?
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-08-2013, 9:35 PM Reply   
So much for patience....

We are keeping the 96 176, Dad is gonna put it up at the lake full time on a lift in a covered spot with his "I don't need one of those wakeboard boats" attitude and I bought a 03 210 today for taking to the river or going to the lake. Problem solved. Come on summertime!!!!
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-09-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
You're in sac Ryan?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-09-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
Dang Ryan...zero to HERO. On your wakeboard wake!!!!
Congrats on the 210.....Cant wait to see it.
Old     (mtpockets)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-10-2013, 2:39 PM Reply   
How much for the 03? Was it at Orwood?
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-11-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
Yo! Yeah guys, I am actually in Woodland, right near Sac.

Jeff- What up man! See ya when it warms up....

Mike- Yes, it was the one at Orwood. $32K