Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-21-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
We are in the process of purchasing a few boat lifts, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience, positive or negative with any of the following lifts. GHC, Hewitt, Metalcraft, or Pier Pleasure. I have heard a few negative things about Hewitt lifts, but how about the others? For those of you with towers, is the canopy worth it? It seems to me that you wouldn't be able to get the boat very close to the canopy with the tower up, so what would be the purpose of the canopy. Any advice here would help
Old    bigdtx            02-21-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
HydroHoist - have had a couple of 'em. Work great.
Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-21-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
everyone around where I live uses hydrohoists as well. Im not sure but they may only be available for floating docks.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-21-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
how much do the hydrohoists run?
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-21-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
We have a Hewitt and love it. We put it in last summer and have had 0 problems with it. I can't remember the exact model but its a hydrolic lift and I think that the max load is 6k pounds. Here are some pictures of the lift. Email me at mhsb1029@hotmail.com or just post on this thread if you have any more questions.

Old    parksboarder            02-21-2005, 9:24 PM Reply   
look into a ShoreMate out of Michigan, Mastercraft uses their stuff at the factory, they even have a tower cannopy so you can keep your baby in the shade without folding down the tower!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-22-2005, 6:09 AM Reply   
Mark-that is really nice, where did you get it from.
-Matt
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-23-2005, 1:50 PM Reply   
My Dad's website has examples of all the different types of boat lifts. Cable, hydraulic, floating, etc. http://www.tigerboatdocks.com

I personally recommend and use the Sunstream floating hydraulic lift. Expensive, but portable, solar powered, remote operated and very fast. Plus no cables to worry about breaking.... had that happen more than once and it is an unpleasant experience.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-26-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
I believe that we got the lift from Pacific Harbor lifts, out of Spokane, Wa.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-26-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
my buddys boat lift is like an actual garage, much nicer than a canopy. but then again it is in florida where ice is not an issue.