Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-24-2012, 6:27 PM Reply   
My 12" sub is behind my kickplate in a seperate box, I am looking for some ideas of what owners have down on there Malibu boats, regardless of year, for the drivers kickplate. My kickplate is blank, and I am looking for ideas with LED lights, emblems, acrylic facings, cut-outs, etc...

If you have a picture of what you have done please post it up.

Thank you...
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-27-2012, 12:56 AM Reply   
I'm not sure what a kick plate is.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-27-2012, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett564 View Post
I'm not sure what a kick plate is.
I believe he is talking about the fake wall under the driver's helm that is hiding his sub.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
Bu Coo
The kickplate he is talking about is the wall by the drivers feet. Many people have their sub or heater vent there.
-You could cut a hole there and stick your sub through it so it is exposed.
-You could get a matching W for wakesetter that matches your graphics
-Many supra's used to have a nylon net that you could screw to the wall and use for storage of phones, id, insurance card, etc....
Old     (WetBox1)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-27-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
What model Malibu do you have?
Old     (WetBox1)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-27-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
Heres a fiberglass kick plate we build.
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-27-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Looks like that thing just needs a speaker grill then that design would be bullet proof!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-27-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetBox1 View Post
What model Malibu do you have?
I have a 2011... this is what the current kickplate looks like from the factory, I added two pullout heater tubes but am looking for a emblem to add to it. I just installed a red LED light shining down on the kickplate, my sub is mounted behind the kickplate in a seperate box.
Attached Images

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-28-2012, 5:55 PM Reply   
Finished up my kickplate today, ran down to TAP plastics and fabbed up a piece of acrylic with the WS shield logo and a red LED light shining down. Fun project, and its nice to have something on the kickplate now. The pics dont do much justice for the LED light, it looks pretty nice with the red LED shining down on it.
Attached Images

Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-28-2012, 7:26 PM Reply   
Hey Travis, how did you get kick plate off? My sub is in a box behind it as well.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-28-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
Nice work. That is a cool addition for sure! I might have to copy you this year cause I am mounting my sub behind the kick plate as well.... Wanna make me one with a Supra "S"? You could go into biz!!!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-28-2012, 10:19 PM Reply   
Preston, attached is a diagram of where all the screws are located. You must remove the corner moulding piece first to access all the screws along the left side of the plate. They are hard to find, the carpet really makes it tough to locate them. Get a phillips and probe around for them, you will eventually find them. Once located you can use a cordless and back them out quickly. The red dots are the screws located on the inside of the corner piece, there are three of them, they are pretty easy to find because of the washer.
Attached Images

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-28-2012, 10:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Nice work. That is a cool addition for sure! I might have to copy you this year cause I am mounting my sub behind the kick plate as well.... Wanna make me one with a Supra "S"? You could go into biz!!!
Thanks Diggs, its a pretty simple job, 12" x 12" acrylic piece, I made a pattern out of cardboard and TAP then cut it out and finished the edges for me. Im done for projects for awhile, now looking forward to some warmer weather coming our way... although the rain is nice in nor-cal, we definitely can use it right now.

Looking forward to seeing your pics of the new boat, did you by chance get Skiers Choice to throw some metal flake in the gelcoat for you?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-29-2012, 6:25 AM Reply   
FMAN
Cool. I will look into that and might try and copy it. No metal flake for me. I did not ask actually. I am not much of a metal flake guy.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-29-2012, 10:18 PM Reply   

This was the Wakeside Malibu VLX system. The observers compartment and the panel at the drivers feet. It sucked when I had to change that heater core but it did have some bump. Two Image Dynamic IDMax 12's.