Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-19-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have surfed a Mastercraft X2 and if so how you go about loading it. My mate just picked one up (2008 model) and we haven't played around too much, the wave is easily surfable but quite messy and just wanted to get it a bit bigger and cleaner if at all possible.

It doesn't have the surf trim tabs like the new ones but he's thinking about getting them put on if they will make a substanial difference to the surf wake. We are all regular

Thanks
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-20-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
This thread might help.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782392
Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-20-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
I personally think that the surf tabs weaken the surf wake, they may lengthen it some what but not much really. I retro fitted them to my 09 X2 and tried many different configurations with not much joy. The jury is still out on wether the glass malin board has a negative effect.

We simply load up with as much weight and peeps as possible on surf side, front and back....Chunky mates are the best ballast

Good luck.

Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-20-2011, 5:33 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, We'll have a crack at putting some weight up the front. We've only really loaded up the back corner.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-24-2011, 4:47 AM Reply   
Get the Fly High system. Full front ballast. Full back ballast. Empty the hard tank on the unloaded side. Depending upon how many people in the boat, KGB tank about half full. The stock trim tab between 0 and 30, depending upon how you ride. Nice curl at 10.8 mph.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-31-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
WOW... Must be a big Wave
Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-31-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
My set up at the mo_
Stb Hard tank full
Stb Fly High bag on Port seat
Port Hard tank and fly high full
Front Fly High Full
KGB Full
400kg of water cubes ( BCF ) scattered under port flip up seat and on floor / seat
100kg lead where cooler used to live
I dont deploy any tabs....sometimes the stb surf tab for extra length, depending on rider style.
6 - 8 mates with beer and gear

Wave is long and lippy, good for bustin big airs.
She gets pretty thirsty.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-01-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
Heres a pic of mine. I still need to dial it in. If I overload it the swim deck cuts into the water and throws a line up the wave, All three factory hard tanks full. Front fly high rolled over to port side so it only weights the port side( probably 40% full when folded over). Rear port fly high full. Tube sac full on port seating. Two adults and two kids. Also once I get going I stand up and move over as far as I can from the port side while still driving. I figure somewhere around 1800-2K in water weight.
Attached Images

Old     (hmmm)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-04-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
i ride on an x-15 for most of the time, and i love the x-2 when i do, for both i put a 750lb in the back compartment, and another 500 or so on top if theres room, and then a 750 under the seats, of course it doesnt fill all the way but i fill it until its full as i can get it. then with 14 people in the boat the wake is killer, minor adjustments on the surf tabs.

as far as the tabs go it depends which boat your using them on, i have seen different results between the smaller models and the bigger MC models, as far as the smaller x-15, x-2, and x-25 they help shape it and "fine tune" it really good, but i would never rely on them alone to get a good surf wake.

so in my opinion at least 2 750lb fly high sacs, and another 500 if you have one.