Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-11-2003, 11:06 AM Reply   
So I've built several protypes now and I'm getting close to producing a final product. So I wanted to ask, what does everyone want from a wakeskate.

-I know most people really like concave skates, so I'm working on making a very very affordable concave (I'm sure I can beat hyperlite's price of $300).
-I like grip tape, so that's def what I'm starting with. I'm still looking for a cheap foam top.
-2 fins? 3 fins? 4 fins? no fins?
-size? I'll probably only be able to start with 2 diferent sizes. What do you think would be the best?
-Channels on the board?
-What about fiberglass? I may invest some time and effort into making a few fiberglass boards.

Thanks a bunch for any input.

Thanks for you input. I'm just trying to
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-11-2003, 2:59 PM Reply   
- Well I'd say $200 is the most I'd pay for a skate. Definetly concave.
-Grip Tape
-I rode no fins, but its nice to have the option of a fin.
-I like the 42inch size. But it depends on how the board is shaped, some you ride smaller, some bigger.
-Channels? depends how loose the board is. But Thats what fins are for.
-Fiberglass? One thing I really like about fibergass is how easy it edges.
Old    g_line            08-12-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
just make it something that will last. thats seems to be the problem with skates these days