Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-10-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
every time i go to grab with my front hand i always end up coming down front heavy and fall. could this becaues i'm bending to grab instead of letting the board come up to me then grab?
Old     (jhmorgan)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-10-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
Yeah I have found that is normally the cause of those falls...Also, it was easier for me to start grabs with my rear hand, so unless you have already done htese I would suggest the rear hand grabs first..the more tired you get, the more you tend to lean for the board as opposed to bringin it to you..all things to consider
Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-11-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
Yeah i have the rear hand grabs down. i was pretty tired when i was trying them so thats probally the case.

Any tips on handle position? One time i tried a front hand grab and ended up takeing it to a 180.
Old     (jhmorgan)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-13-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
If you are coming in HS, then handle position should not matter to much. As long as you are edging progressively enough, your board will not rotate unless initiated. One good way to learn is to try a nosegrab. Keep your back leg extended while bending your lead knee. Grab the nose and smile as your ride away
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-25-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
you could try to come of your edge as you start to go up the wake, then you will have slack in the rope and it wont pull you around when you let go with your front hand.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-25-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
you could try to come of your edge as you start to go up the wake, then you will have slack in the rope and it wont pull you around when you let go with your front hand.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-25-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-25-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
i used more of a seated edge last time and got them. thanks for the help, i think i might have been reaching for them too not wait for it to come to me.