Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
I have narrowed my search to three used boats. 2001 Sunsetter VLX, 2001 Mobius V and 2000 Tige 21V. The price on these is not an issue. The Movius come with 1,000lbs auto ballast.

I need help in determining which boat I'll be happiest with considering the wake (shape, width, etc.), comfort and overall performace. Someone with knowledge of these boats, please share any info. you can.

Thanks
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
I don't have any knowledge on the 'Bu or the Mobe, but I do own a '00 Tige 22i. Built like a tank. That was the reason I went with Tige in the first place. It will handle the rough water all day long with easy. The only issue would be the tower. Is it the factory Metcraft tower? If so, it would need to be replaced. Towers were a new ball game at that point in time and the factory Metcraft was one of the worst.

When talking ballast, what are the load capacities of each boat?

(Message edited by nickypoo on February 06, 2007)
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-06-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Allen,
I have that exact same Bu and love it as for the Mobius V I looked at those and they seemed to be not as plush for me and as for the Tige I demoed a newer V drive about two years ago and did not like the nose shape as it seemed lower to the water for me which having someone less experienced driving with weight they could dip it easier. Overall I think you can make great wakes from all of them. Again this is only one mans opinion so take it for what it is worth. I have 40 lbs of lead in the bow of mine and the wedge and some bags it is fine for me. Its been a great boat but understand there is a difference in a sunsetter versus a wakesetter hull and that the wakesetter is supposedly better for boarding. You can find more info on themalibucrew.com if your interested.

Good luck
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-06-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
I meant to say 400 lbs of lead not 40 Sorry
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-06-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Doesn't the Sunsetter VLX from 2001 have the same hull as the Wakesetter VLX's up through 2004? If so, that's a great wake hull.