Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    bocephus            06-06-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone,
I just bought a new Signature Series Air Nautique 210, for those of you that don't know the signature series is the stripped down version. I need to find a good location to mount a depth guage and stereo remote and am not to thrilled about drilling holes in the dash. Does anyone have a good idea where to mount this stuff? Can I just order a Nautiqe guage that comes in the Team Edition that has the depth gauge in it? What about the remote location. I would like one near the driver's seat.

Here is a shot of the dash:
Upload
Has anyone made a nice custom bracket for this stuff?

Thanks,
Bocephus
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-06-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
Looks like you could put it to the right of the volt meter. The way the other gauges are spaced, shows there could be one more there. If you bought the gauge from CC, I think it would look factory.
Old    bocephus            06-06-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
CC doesn't use a depth guage, they incorporate it into the MPH guage.

I am thinking about making a panel that would fill that little cubby hole at the lower right of the picture.

Does anyone have an extra factory "hole filler" for the area that my ignition switch is in (you know the one with the Clarion Stereo remote in it? I am thinking of relocating the ignition switch to under the dash and using the factory Team remote panel.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       06-06-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
well seeing as you have PP you have no real need for a tachometer or MPH.

Might be worth just getting hold of a depth guage witha big face.

Or getting hold of the Team series MPH dial. it does depth and a few other bits like hours and low fuel warning etc... you just need to hook it up.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
check out Mikes dash piece, Made out of plexy and then painted
Upload
Old    bocephus            06-06-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
That's perfect! What does the little rectangle and switch control? Can someone make me one?
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-06-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
I have the same issue. I think I will pull my voltmeter since the perfect pass has one. It would be tight to fit another gauge on the main counsel. It could work, but it could be a disaster if it doesn't.

Have you looked into depth gauges. The best I have seen is the Faria gauge. I have tried boaters outlet, but have not had much luck in response.

Grant,

Do you know where he had that piece made. I have the round remote control, and installed it in the stock panel. It works for now, but doesn't look that great.
Old    bocephus            06-06-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
This is the one everyone has been recommending to me. I don't like it much and am thinking about just trying the team MPH guage with depth guage built-in. I'm pretty sure my dealer already thinks I'm crazy.

The next big issue is cutting holes in the upholstery for the speakers, that's going to be real fun!
Old    bocephus            06-06-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
If someone comes up with the print for the above picture I can make them out of whatever anyone wants on the mill. I just not that good with the print. If anyone can do it in Mastercam that would be even better. (I assume I am going to have to learn and do it myself but thought I would ask first)
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-07-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
I thought you could use your perfect pass as a depth finder.
Old    bocephus            06-07-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
I can't even find the temperature that is suppose to be on there. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a depth finder though since it's just connect to a paddle wheel not a transducer. It does make a nice martini though.

Grant, can you get me one of those brackets?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-07-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
Jon: LOL trying to stir the pot.

Old    bocephus            06-07-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
What about one of those dash pieces Grant?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-07-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
I can make one for you. Send me over what you need put in there and I can make you one up.
The rectangle is a digital voltmeter and the round switch turns the system on and off
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
Just don't use the word cheap when you ask Grant to make you one. It took me three tries to get it right. I used Nason autopaint that had to be custom bootleg blended with 3M silver to get a color match too. I am slow but I probably have over 20 hours into that little dash piece. On the plus side, it looks better than the factory piece and it functions perfectly. I can provide Grant with the details if he is willing to build them, but it won't be cheap.
Old    bocephus            06-08-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
I took the pictures to a machine shop. With Mikeski's picture and design they say they can make it no problem. Does anyone else want one? Aluminium or Stainless? Thanks Grant for posting the picture. Thanks Mikeski for the idea.

Does anyone know where to put the depth guage since my perfect pass depth gauge is broken?
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-08-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
I am interested. Did they give you a quote to make one?
Old    bocephus            06-08-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
Yes and no. We are currently just trying to ge the parts drawn up. We are going to both sides so they match at Mikeski suggestion.
Old    bocephus            06-09-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Hey All,
I guess the machine shop might start selling these things. What do you think they should charge for them? What is realistic? Should they be made of aluminium or stainless? Is the new round remote more popular? On the right side of the dash I was thinking about putting the switches closer together and adding a switch or even putting the depth meter on that side. What do you all think?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-10-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Considering the time and effort I have into mine I would pay at least $200 to avoid doing it again, until you make one it's hard to appreciate the effort.

Billet aluminum anodized with "N" on it somewhere... yummy. Pleas cross post on planetnautique.com
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-11-2006, 11:58 PM Reply   
mike & grant - that looks awesome !!!!

grant - if that is what the painted looks like - then i am in !!!! that looks much better than i expected !!! wow !!!