Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old                07-30-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
Hey,

I ski with the Virginia Tech water ski team. I have been skiing a connley concept for 4 or 5 years and would never try another ski. This afternoon I was talked into trying a friends KD 7000 CT. It was probably a few years old. On my first run I could tell an imediate difference. This ski is AMAZING...it is much more stable and way quicker on edge than my connelly.

My question is...has the ski changed much over the past few years. What is the difference b/w the CT and other KD 7000 models. How does the newer CR7 and other KD skis compare? If I could find one identical to the ski I rode today KD 7000 CT I would jump on it.

I never thought a ski could make that much difference in my performance

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

Brandon
Old                08-03-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
Brandon,

I ski for Purdue and I switched off my concept in March. I found that it was a huge difference and has definitly helped my skiing. I switched from an 02 concept to an 03 CR7 and I love it. It is 10 times faster and although it is top of the line it is still as forgiving as it needs to be for me to continue learning. I don't know how old your concept is, but I would say if you are starting to get into shortline I would definitly upgrade the old ski.

Check out the message board on Purdue's site and look in the equipment for sale section and I believe one of our team members has an 03 CR7 for sale if you want it.

expert.ics.purdue.edu/~h2oski

Craig

(Message edited by Bradshaw on August 03, 2004)
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
I am a KD dealer and ski on a CR7. The difference between the skis is largely layup. KD skis are known as being forgiving and tolerant of various styles. Essentially, if you are looking for a stiff ski, the 7000 is your choice. If you want a very stiff ski, the CR7 is your choice. If you want to sacrifice some forgivness for explosive ski, the Platinum is your choice. If you like a softer flex and more forviging flex, or are light, the KD 4000 is your choice.

rider@boarditup.com