Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-30-2003, 7:27 AM Reply   
I've had my PP installed for about a month now and I've had the KX set on zero. This has resulted in what I felt like was a light pull from ball to ball. Recently I skied behind the same year and model boat with the KX set at 100. This pull was much better! I've heard that new boats are set from the factory at 85 KX and I was just wondering what everyone else ran in their KX settings? PX is at zero also since I'm not using the switch.
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       09-30-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
I'm interested in installing PP in my sportster but I've heard that it over compensates and that the pull is a pain. My bro went behind a brand new Calabria and after every turn, it sped up to compensate but too much then slowed back down. Was it just a poorly calibrated one or are they all like that?

(Message edited by tacosupreme on September 30, 2003)
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-30-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
Mine is very smooth, sounds like your bro had the PP set in paddle wheel mode. This is the wakeboard mode and it will surge badly in my experience. If you are running the digital pro and are using the slalom setting running in RPM mode it shouldn't surge.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-20-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
What do you guys run your KX settings at?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-20-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-20-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
You have to play with it. Try various settings for your particular boat and motor combo. Perfect Pass should be very smooth without surges. It should apply power and block you during your pull.