Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Hey guys-
I have a 2004 Malibu that came with a Sony CDX-mp40 head unit and 2 rm-xm10 remotes. The transom remote was broken and disconnected when I bought it. I was told that the Sony rm-x55m is the upgraded replacement for these remotes. I am thinking of replacing both of the remotes with these new ones, as it is probably only a matter of time before the front remote dies too. My question is, will these just directly plug into the existing spots where the old remotes are connected?

Also, I would like to connect my Ipod to the stereo. Is there anyone who makes a connector that would allow the Ipod to be charged while connected and also controlled by these Sony remotes? Where would I look for such a thing?
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-15-2007, 12:36 AM Reply   
I found the Sony xa110ip and installed it this evening; it is exactly what I was looking for.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
Yes the X-55 uses the same connections. They come with the splitters for the data. Just need the other splitter for the 1/8 " wich you should allready have.