Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (samson864)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-17-2009, 4:53 AM Reply   
hi everyone one, i am looking into a jetski for wakeskating and have no experience with jetskis.
is this one any good for wakeskating?

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Marine/Power/Jet-Skis/AdNumber=TP002958042?BackToResult=true
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-17-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
if they want 5,500 for that... for that price you could get into a four stroke seadoo, started producing them in 2002, quieter, better torque on bottem end. and they have a extended pylon available for them that is made by BRP.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-17-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
ok maybe not... i didnt reallize the ad was in australia... might be more spendy there.
Old     (lakeskater)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-17-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Seadoo GTX 155. The "Wake" edition of the GTX has a few extras like the pylon and a board rack.
Any PWC can pull a wakeskater, but the GTX handles best and can easily pull two riders at once. No need for the supercharged version, the 155 has plenty of power. I've had mine since 2003 and I love it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MQY5W4PX3M&feature=fvw
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
the seadoo gtx is amazing for skating. the wake editions are cool but not necessary at all. the board racks dont even fit most wakeskates, and i dont know if they still offer the ballast but that is a joke and dont get it, it just wastes gas.

i have primarely ridden behind a sea doo since 2006. i love them. they pull great and its the best way to wakeskate. you use way less gas and you can get back to the rider a bit quicker so you can learn tricks quicker

the GTI is what i normally ride behind and its great. Its a little narrower and the one my buddy has is 2 stroke so the gas mileage is great. The GTX is what you see the most of. its really wide and the new ones drive soooo smooth and hold the speed great.
Old     (cdhayes2)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-17-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Ya, you can really ride behind anything.. I started wakeskating behind a '01 Yamaha XL 700. Not the nicest machine or anything but it definitely got the job done! Now I'm riding behind an '08 MasterCraft X-Star.. haha