Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ineedaboat)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-20-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if this is actually going to happen? Its a few miles from where i live so it would be rad for sure. Let me know if you know anything. Its close to the wake zone so it sucks that place shut down.
Old    SamIngram            09-20-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
I doubt it will happen. I have been to every City of Scottsdale General Meeting and Design Review Meeting in the last five years and have heard/seen nothing on this. The project would have to go through both meetings before getting approval.

Personally, I wouldn't swim in that water either, it just north of the North Indian Bend Wash NPL and is on the same water system... there is a reason why none of that wash has been developed or why you can't swim or drink that water... A couple years ago during the boom a condo/townhouse developer bought a vacant parcel from a church that back that wash. After doing a little investigation he found the water problem is a lot worse than what is generally noted. He let the site go into foreclosure and walked away from a site he paid four million for.

A cable park on Tempe Town Lake seems a lot more feasible to me, although I wouldn't swim in that water either. They have had several wakeboarding events on that lake (one with boats) though and the City of Tempe appears to be generally receptive to the idea. I actually talked to the Hugh Hallman, the Mayor, about the idea and he liked it.
Old     (ineedaboat)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-20-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
yeah im more into the chandler side of that deal. I live down the street from him
Old     (ineedaboat)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-20-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
it, not him. haha
Old    SamIngram            09-20-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
No mention of it or them in any of the 2009 or 2010 City of Chandler Meetings. I doubt it will happen since the even they are talking about is this month...
Old     (ineedaboat)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-20-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
yeah i figured as much. I drove around looking at where its suppose to be and couldnt see anything. I wonder if that is a site made just to show investors and try to get them on board.
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-20-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
i heard they broke ground next to wet n wild