Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jsmilez321)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-22-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
Hey guys I've got a 2000 Supra Launch DD and the guy who had it before me put on a POS jack that of coarse the first time I used it the jack bent... My bday was yesterday and got a bass pro gift card thought I would use it for a new jack.. Looking at the options and wandering if the 92$ Fulton swing away jack with the dual wheel that's rated for 1500 lbs would work instead of the 160$ F2 twin track jack? It's the original supra trailer so I don't think mounting will be an issue... Just lookin for advice and asking the pros!
Thanks
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-23-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
My last trailer (Boatmate under a 2010 Malibu VLX) had the twin track on it and the spokes in the wheels were starting to break after two years. Sometimes those jack wheels get twisted and bent in weird directions if the trailer moves at all and the wheels aren't pointed in the direction of movement. That can put a lot of stress on those little wheels. In my case, they were ready to fail. I like the way the cheaper version has a solid wheel so that any weird twisting appears to have less of a chance of breaking the wheel itself. Not sure if that's how things would go in reality, but if it was me I'd probably give the cheaper one a try.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-23-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
I had the cheaper one, and upgraded to the F2 - they both get the job done, the F2 is a little easier to wheel around, and the ratio is a bit faster, so it makes hooking/unhooking quick. It looks cooler too, lol.

Come to think of it, I still have the single wheel Fulton in my garage, I should dig it out and put it up for sale. I'm sure shipping would be pricey though, its heavy.