Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       05-20-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
i have a Super Air Nautique Team Edition, and i want to know how i can create the perfect (big) - wake. (where do you put your ballast in the boat ?, how much do you put in it ?, do you use fatsacs,whatelese ?,etc.)

Old    aka Bradley Beach            05-20-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
Hasn't this been covered a 100 times?

Do a Search....
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       05-20-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
Daniel, I have been running the stock ballast and usually have 3-4 people with me. I am just about to add 590lbs of lead. I will be putting 300-350lbs up front and the rest by the driver and rear seat. I already have 2 batteries under the passenger compartment so will be putting some by the drivers seat to balance things. I am going to play with the config until I find out what works best. The Super Air has a great wake with the stock ballast but get better as you add ballast. Hope this helps!!
Hey Bradley - I did a search and you come up with too much pooh to sift through. If you don;t have anything constructive to post why waste you time typing anything on the thread.
Old    chase            05-20-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
Daniel and John,
We have been using the following and it works great:
- 400lbs. in the bow (lead)
- 600lbs in the locker (locker sack)
- 1000lbs in the rear (stock with Fat Buddies on top)

With 4 people in the boat it is really big with a great kick and good transition. My boat is a 2001 SAN but for the Team Editions with 820lbs of factory ballast, an additional 1000lbs should do the trick! Good luck!

(Message edited by chase on May 20, 2003)
Old     (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       05-21-2003, 4:27 AM Reply   
cool thank you, i will try it and post pics here.
thx
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-21-2003, 1:56 PM Reply   
here's what I have on my 02 sante:
stock ballast full
600 lbs lead in bow
two leadheadz in cockpit for fine tuning
two leadheadz on top of factory ballast in rear
this makes a sweet wake..... as I have said before, very close to Travis's X-2..... I have spent a lot of time experimenting with this and this is my favorite set up. hope that helps

Alex
Old    samcdog            05-21-2003, 5:16 PM Reply   
Alex, Does your stock = 820 lbs? How much are the leadheadz? I have a fat sac (500-600) and think I will try it up front next time out. Rode for the first time with stock full and sac next to driver.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       05-22-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
Just got my lead hardware delivered yesterday. 520lbs will be distributed throughout the boat & all hidden. Here is what I am going to try first.
820lbs of stock ballast
260lbs leadheadz in the bow
65lbs leadhead behind drivers throttle panel
130 in the crack beside rear seat on drivers side
65lbs in the crack beside rear seat passenger side
I also have two extra batteries under the passenger compartment @ 45lbs ea, I am counting batteries as ballast so that is how I am coming up with the lbs #'s.
The boat should be almost perfectly balanced side to side and front to back with 715lbs of ballast from the driver forward and 760lbs from the driver back. I normally ride with 2-3 other people so we just have the third person move to even up the wake if it is off a bit.

Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-22-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
Sam-
8 leadheadz in front and some other weights from a weightlifting set. it's right @ 600 lbs. The leadheadz are around 65-70 lbs each. Yes, my stock ballast is somewhere aroud 820. I run it with the stock ballast full. two leadheadz in the cockpit for fine tuning.... I have found that sante's are heavy on the passenger side. I also have 2 batterys under the back seat for the stereo so that adds a little back there. I have two leadheadz on top of each rear ballast tank so that is like 130-140 extra on each side in the back. If we really want to boost it up we add a side sac in the cockpit against the back seat..... it's huge like that. The key is distributing the weight evenly from front to back or maybe 60% in the rear and 40% in the front. Shaun Murray and Travis Moye helped me a lot and answered a ton of questions that I had about how to properly weight this boat. Weight in the front of the boat is probably more important than weight in the back. It is key to the handling of the boat and especially for planing out when under load. You might try to experiment with some different props too.... after you get this much weight in there it helps to have a better hole shot. ACME 4 bladed prop is the only way to go..... I'll look at mine and see what size it is and post it on here. Hope the information helps.
Alex