Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
Well the new year has arrived. Last year we had a boat on our lake with no clue how to drive. They started showing up regularly and just tuning our calm water of 15yrs to a washing machine at 7am and 8am and in the evenings. WAs awful.

They showed up towards the end of the year but drive like morons. Mostly due to the fact they are newbies. Foloow shore line, rather than a straight line and rip powerturns like crazy. We tried the ol chat and explain to them but Grandpa explained to us that he has been driving boats forever and has it down pat.

They just shrugged us off. We didn't really push the issue as I blew my knee so wasn't riding at all and my wife had enough good water to her, but now that I am healed we are ready to roll. I was trying to get some printed driving instructions and/or diagrams to throw on the windshield of their tow vehicle to start the season off. Anybody have a set or now where I can come up with one or print some out. It would greatly be appreciated.

Sorry for the story, but just wanted to give some background
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-12-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
http://wake-boarding.org/Foundations/Driving/

Scroll down to bottom under other resources...old document but good ones
http://bierbower.net/diytower/home.htm
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-15-2008, 12:04 AM Reply   
thanx mox

Going to have to highlight the powerturn and straightline paths part