Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-27-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
So I was out at the CWB demo event the last couple of days, which, BTW, was off da hook (MUCH THANKS to CWB, Steve Bates, & California Correct Craft).

Anyway, a guy shows up yesterday decked head to toe in *not CWB* gear, toting a *not CWB* board bag, with a complete *not CWB* board/binding set up. Dude asserts himself and his *not CWB* gear into the boat to ride his *not CWB* board at this CWB demo event...Not Cool.

The message here is that CWB forked out a chunk of change, and had a lot of people helping out with the cause, to get people out there to check out and ride their new gear. Don't bring your *not Brand X* stuff to a Brand X event just to get a free pull. It was not advertised come ride your *not CWB* stuff for free, on our dime day. Please remember that DEMO events are just that, for you to demo the host's equipment. I would never think of riding my CWB stuff at another manufacturer's demo event. End rant.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 27, 2007)
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-27-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
Agreed. Demo means, hey come try out our new gear... who ever the company is... Respect them.

Aloha.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-27-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Don't get why someone would pass up the opportunity to try some new and different ish
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-27-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Had I been in that position it would have been resolved quickly!

Your not welcome here, your not getting in the boat, and your not going to remember what hit you if your not gone by the time I count to five.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
excellent post, jeff. a few guys asked me why i didn't bring an epic. my response was, "this is a cwb/correct craft demo. i'm here to check out cwb's stuff and not step on anyone's toes."
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
I agree cap'n Tack, it's poor taste. Maybe he face planted too many times tring some insane trick and the part of his brain responsible for common sense was disabled.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-27-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Everyone in the boat should have sat on one side of the boat and washed out one side of the wake when he rode.... Or would that not been cool? lol
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
actually, i think it says a lot for CWB that they did NOT exclude the guy. just one more way that CWB seems to be all about the sport. obviously that guy has attitude ... NOT like CWB!
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
Just charge them for the pull. If they ask say its free if you demo
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-27-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I agree it is disrespectful to CWB, but if it was a Correct Craft demo as well, perhaps he was considering purchasing a Nautique, and wanted to ride his board behind a prospective boat. Obviously I was not there and I don't know if you guys talked with him, but just thought I would bring up another potential perspective. If he was just bumming a free ride, then I completely agree it was in poor judgement on his part.

Much thanks to all the folks putting this event on, and making me super JEALOUS, and resentful that I have to sit in front of a computer all day long instead of having fun on the lake.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-27-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
I agree and I have to hand it to Steve for being cool about it. He gave the guy a hard time, but did say it was cool with him. We might be talking about two different guys since I was there on the first day when this happened.

I helped build sliders and I didn't even bring my *not CWB* board to the event and I was looking forward to trying out some of the fine stuff offered by CWB. I did wear a *not CWB* shirt just to piss Steve off, but he took the wind out of my sails by not noticing!
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-27-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
I know who it is, and pretty sure he'll hit the trifecta today as well...

(Message edited by committed on April 27, 2007)
Old     (mrs_porkchops)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-27-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
BTW, I heard the guy's (not CWB) binding and (not CWB) board broke after a good fall .
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-27-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
mrs. porkchops, i heard that, too! KARMA!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
good thing he broke his stuff b/c while I was reading this thread,for a second I thought I was the bad guy since I brought my non CWB stuff.the only reason I brought it is b/c I didn't know if there was an "actual" slider board and wanted to make sure I get pulled across one a few times.I apologize for bringing it and will NEVER do it again,promise!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
I think that it is funny as hell. What a dumb a$$!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-27-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
Tim makes a good point, If I was wanting to demo just the boat, I would want to ride my regular board, not one I'm not familiar with.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-27-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
...he probably didn't need to wear the "other" companies attire though. That certainly didn't help his cause...
Old    sealyon.net            04-27-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
Man that's pretty bold. Kinda like in your face bold.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
I went to a demo event and brought my board because i wanted to demmo there bindings on it. They told me I had to demo the whole set up, I didnt mind and just demoed the board too. Was I wrong in trying to use just their bindings?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-27-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
manny, if you were thinking of buying a pair, seems like a fair request to me
Old    sealyon.net            04-27-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Yeah that sounds pretty lagit....I guess it's always good to hear both sides of the story sorry.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-27-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
lol im not that guy hes talking about, i just read this and was wondering.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-27-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
This was a CWB event, and California Correct Craft was supporting it. This weekend will be a California Correct Craft event, and CWB, along with other board companies, will be supporting that. The dude was only there to mooch pull @ Cdub's expense, and that's just lame.

Dave - 2nd day rider.

Big Ed - This was so not you

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 27, 2007)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-27-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
so yes then this dude is totally lame!
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-27-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
I showed up with my family. Tried to ride wednesday afternoon but was blown out. This was the first time I've met the CWB poeple. I can say they are a class act. My impression was that Steve and his crew have a passion for sport and want to share it with everyone they meet.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Jeff,it's nice to know for sure!

Manny,I think it was a fair request as well.I used my binding on a CWB board that I demoed.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-30-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
is this the kid in the *not cwb* your talking about(hype boots)...damn u are a bunch of meanies, he looks no older than 10 years old...did he out ride you haters and now this is how your getting back...on a thread he wont read?...you should have talked smack to him when he was there and not wait to blow your steam load online...Upload
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-30-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
LOL. That is awesome.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-30-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
This situation kind of happened this weekend. It was suppose to be BU demo day and when I pulled up to the ramp I saw MC banners and MC boats everywhere. Talk about stepping on toes!
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-30-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
HATERS...ALL OF YOU
"deltawakerider" is right, everyone here is a bunch of meanies. Hey i guess if a little 10 year old kid rode better than me i would try to hurt his feelings too. wasn't this supposed to be a family event? the guy in the water seems pretty stoked regardless of the kid's bindings. that is what the sports about, just spreading the stoke. if cwb was mad about a little kid riding in hyperlite bindings, then everyone here gives them too much credit.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-30-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
that's not a 10 year old! It's a 27 year old midget and he should have known better.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-30-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
Wakesports crew - the CWB ride days were Wed - Fri. California Correct Craft had the channel on Sat and Sun. This photo was taken on Sunday....and the guy in the water cheering is me...the CWB rep who is paying for the gas and the rails the kid is on.

If you guys are off on Wed, we will be out there riding. Jeff House, Trevor Hansen, Derek Grasman, and Nick Jones are in town for some media stuff and would love to hang out. I'll pull you for free like I did last week and you're welcome to hit the rails on any brand you want...like last week.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-30-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
With the right game plan, I think I might be able to take him.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-30-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
FREAKIN' BOO YAA!!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-30-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Yeah!!!! (looking for icon wiht tongue sticking out)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-30-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
DON'T MESS WITH THE BATES FOO!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   

Upload
Old     (tupper78)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-30-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
I second Thane's BOO YEAHHH, Bates is easily the nicest rep I have ever met not to mention he rips
Old     (pinkwake)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-30-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
WOW - I apologize for any confusion that I caused posting Trent's picture, the kid wearing the Hyperlite bindings, under CWB Demo Days. I guess I should have started a new thread. Trent is only 8 years old and thanks to STEVE (CWB)and WADE (The Greenhouse Rideshop/CCC) he did his first slider ever on Sunday and hasn't stopped talking about it since!

If you haven't had a chance to meet Steve or ride CWB's rails/sliders, go out on Wednesday - you'll be glad that you did. Steve is awesome and does everything 1st class!!!

Once again, my apologies
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-30-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
Delta Wake Rider and Gabe,

Really, what is your point...talk about haters.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       05-01-2007, 12:44 AM Reply   
Did I wake up this morning in CRAZY TOWN? -- Is this really happening?

I like Tacos!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-01-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
deltawakerider and gabe - Thanks for the great pic of the young grom riding on Sunday, at the California Correct Craft demo event....

The person that I was referring to showed up on Thursday, at the CWB demo event. He was 6 ft. tall and left cigarette butts everywhere....

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on May 01, 2007)
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-01-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
Totally agree Jeff, that sucks for all of the people who worked hard to put the demo together. Does anyone know when they are going to have another demo slider that anyone can hit?
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
That picture is awesome. Classic Bates.
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-01-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
That is an awesome pic. It is so cool to have Steve right there in the water cheering the little guy on. I bet he even told him how to hit the slider. It’s kind of cute that Steve just about as tall as the kid and he is prob flat footed in the water.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
If you just glance at the pic, or squint, it looks like Steve's holding the ends of the board.

That is an awesome pic. I know how you were feeling Steve. Same as when a kid I coached on my son's baseball team got his first hit the second to last game last season. Hell, his first time even making contact. Barely rolled half way to third but me and everyone there went nuts screaming.

Truly Awesome!
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
hey tackleberry, trent doesnt look old enough to smoke cigarettes
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-01-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
flyin ho - Except for the nice picture, non of my comments had anything to do with Trent. Please get a clue.
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
is name calling neccesary? u really are the socalwakepunk
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-01-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
name calling???

What did he call you or you still don't have a clue.