Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       08-29-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Took the kids out last night and the person at the shack said effective Friday 8/31 the lake was going to t 5 mph zone but did not know if it was just for the weekend or the season. I just got off the phone with the district office and confirmed that effective Friday 8/31 Folsom is going to 5 MPH for the remainder of the season. The ranger told me the only place to launch is Hobie (lower launch and Browns ravine). This sucks}
Old    elicitwake            08-29-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
folsom is lame anyways
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
The notice from CA Parks is only saying for that day.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/712/files/2007FolsomLakeLaborDay.pdf
Old     (twobills)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-29-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
It reads "starting Friday Aug. 31."
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
Just re-read it. 5 mph for Labor Day or starting thereafter? The first paragraph needs some clarifications since it talks about Labor Day and then the 5 mph limit.... Kelly might be correct or the district office is also misunderstanding it also....
Old     (angelo_ski)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-29-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
So I just spoke to the the Superintendent, it is going to be 5 MPH until they get more water, and only God knows when that will be. If you are interested in registering your dissatisfaction with this decision you can write:Ruth Coleman , Director, Ca State Parks, P.O.Box 942896, Sacramento, CA 94296, or email at info@parks.ca.gov, I would also suggest representatives and senators within your District. Probably will not change anything, but we do have a voice. Either that or go hit a heavy bag.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
Hate to say it but we would probably get more results from hitting the bag. :-(
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-29-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
This really sucks, it was a sh&^%$y year for Folsom does anyone know how Orville is?
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-29-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
Oroville is pretty damn sweet, and pretty big too. You can usually always find a place to ride with good conditions.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-29-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Riley (elicitwake) Edit Post Delete Post
folsom is lame anyways

Yo mommas Lame!
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       08-29-2007, 9:33 PM Reply   
Well. Took the kids out for a last run this evening. Nice water and a few more boat than last night. By the way, Oroville is going down about a foot per day and unless that changes the last ramp will be out of the water in about 60 days which sucks cuz we have a houseboat up there. Gonna need to do a rain dance or sacrifice some chicken or something so we have a wet winter.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-29-2007, 10:18 PM Reply   
Oh wow. I only went up to Oroville a couple times, and it was good. That sux to hear that its getting so low
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-29-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
Nooooooo! Thats so lame. I was planning on riding all winter. I guess I'll just have to go ride at my buddies private lake more often.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-29-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
Saying what you feel really won't do anything in this case, they dropped the water to raise the dam, and rebuild on the folsom point side. Its going to be like this at the 3/4 of every season for about six to seven years. Sorry, and Riley, you said it, Folsom is lame, but its nice to see it from my living room. Move back douchbigalow!
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-29-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
heres a report about another lake here

http://www.placerherald.com/articles/2007/08/28/news/county/01lake.txt
Old     (angelo_ski)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-30-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Ben,
They are not currently working on the Dam raise project right now, it is yet to clear environmental approval, and is therefore at least a year or more away. I am not even sure what the Corps of Engineers schedule for that is, because it also lacks funding for the construction effort and will take a federal appropriation. The reason for high releases this year has been publicized in the Sac Bee as a need to maintain habitat downstream for the Fairy (not sure if I am spelling that correctly) Shrimp. The work occurring adjacent to the Dam right now in the new Dam Road. Additionally, when they do start the dam raise project, they will not need to draw the lake down to perform that construction work. High releases at Folsom have generally been controlled by things like stupid shrimp, salmon, salinity in the delta, and flood control in the spring. Only in the 1 year when the gate on the dam broke, did they need to release for repair. Hope this helps.