Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-30-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
I think I've seen a vid of pics of Cerrone riding with Rusty.. Has anyone from the SW taken a set with him? I've heard he's actually decent all things considered..

Anyone rode with him?

For those who don't know - Cerrone is a pro MMA fighter in the UFC.. He's fighting Nate Diaz tonight, winner close to a title shot.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-30-2011, 7:47 AM Reply   
Gray Manard and Rusty are good friends as well. Gray is actually a pretty good rider.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-30-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
Gray Manard and Rusty are good friends as well. Gray is actually a pretty good rider.
I've heard that and seen a few pics and vids.. Gray seems the type and I think he's actually sponsored by a wake brand.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-30-2011, 11:33 AM Reply   
He is claining he wants to be pro by the end of the year. Along with the UFC champ and a pro bull rider.

He is sick as hell in the ring with a fierce determination, but Dana already put the KiBosh on the bull riding thing.

Jeff - Check over a the non- wake discussion and there is on going UFC discussion thread.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-30-2011, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
He is claining he wants to be pro by the end of the year. Along with the UFC champ and a pro bull rider.

He is sick as hell in the ring with a fierce determination, but Dana already put the KiBosh on the bull riding thing.

Jeff - Check over a the non- wake discussion and there is on going UFC discussion thread.
LOL - yeah saw that DFW said he was nuts bull riding.. I've been in and out of the UFC thread - just wondering if someone was taking sets with him. I remember seeing a video from a few years back and was seeing how he's progressing.

With all of the ACL/MCL/PCL stuff we have in our sport - I wouldn't be risking a deep 6 figure a year gig like he has to ride.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-30-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
Sick, I didn't know the cowboy was a wakeboarder. I'm looking forward to seeing him trash Diaz.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-30-2011, 3:47 PM Reply   
Yhea they showed a little snipped of a wakejump on his bio thing. He reminds me so much of a small matt hughes.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-30-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
Really? I see his style as a lot more new-school/well-rounded than Hughes' classic wrestling base.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-30-2011, 9:32 PM Reply   
Cerrone really manned up tonight. He looked like he was punch drunk from about 10 seconds in. He was stumbling and slow and bleary-eyed, but he stuck it out until the final bell. Respect.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-31-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, why did he look so slow? Bad punching and no head movement? His kicks were money though!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-31-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
It was super frustrating to watch because I've seen his fights w/Ben Henderson and Jamie Varner and I know what he's capable of. He looked completely out of it. Something was up for sure. I was hoping he'd mention it in his post-fight interview but instead he told some whacked story about getting kicked by his horse and cutting his lip or something :S
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-01-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
Yeah, why did he look so slow? Bad punching and no head movement? His kicks were money though!
That's Donalds style. He's a notorious slow starter, no head movement and very forward movement - does not move lateral. Stand and trade. Take 2 to give 1. He just took 5 to give 1 against Diazs boxing.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-01-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
Maybe so, but I still think something was wrong. I've never seen him look that sluggish, even out of the gate.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-02-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Maybe so, but I still think something was wrong. I've never seen him look that sluggish, even out of the gate.
LOL.

It's the SAME story anytime ANYONE fights either of the Diaz's.. "I don't know - he just gassed. He never gasses"..

It's called getting punched in the face 4x more than you do against any other fighter. It's amazing - but it takes the wind out of your sails.. Gomi "gassed" against BOTH Diaz brothers. Penn "gassed" against Nick.. The list is a mile long..

Turns out getting punched in your mind piece a hundred times a round will slow you down.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-03-2012, 7:14 AM Reply   
Anyone here post on the underground? Doesnt carwin board too? I know he was sponsored by Malibu. Thats a big man to be on a wakeboard!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-03-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
Anyone here post on the underground? Doesnt carwin board too? I know he was sponsored by Malibu. Thats a big man to be on a wakeboard!
I'm a UG'er and an OG'er..

Carwin wake SURFS.. He said his knees are too bum to WB much. I was actually going to ride with him last time I was in Denver but we had a mini-crisis before the wedding I was supposed to be in so we had to handle that **** and my riding got kaboshed.

He's been at their booth at the boat shows, etc.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-04-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
Jeff,
whats your SN on the OG. I primarily spend my time on the OG but every once in awhile ill venture over the the UG. Bodookie50 is my SN over there
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-04-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reez View Post
Jeff,
whats your SN on the OG. I primarily spend my time on the OG but every once in awhile ill venture over the the UG. Bodookie50 is my SN over there
I think it's Jeff W or Jeff MN or something along those lines.