Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (huevo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-04-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
No problem going wake to wake, need help with more height. I don't think I'm standing tall enough for one. Check out the slow motion jumps, one heelside, one toeside.

Suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zImpOR_-qMA
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-04-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
Your cut looks very hard and deep seated. It is hard to translate that speed into height. slow down and make sure you are holding tension down line and you have the other part stand tall your legs look to be getting pushed up into you. If you slow down standing tall with be easier to time and your legs won't get pushed up as hard. Very common problem. i used to take that same hard ass cut for every trick. Which of course doesn't translate into pop
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-07-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Looks pretty good to me man.

on that heelside jump your butt does look pretty low to the water.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-07-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
A good way to get someone to "feel" the pop is to take a 1 wake approach really pushing DOWN with your legs in the trough THROUGH the wake. This should give you a really "popped" feeling. Having a super aggro cut will not result in pop. The only way to measure whether or not your getting good pop would be to put a measurement device on the line to see how heavy of a load you are creating on the line. It should feel like your squatting about 250lbs+ as you approach the trough of the wake.
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Chris, it doesn't look bad. But, It looks like your cutting too far out and too fast into the wake. To get pop, you don't need to have a long fast cut. Make sure you still have that progressive edge though. Also, try straightening you legs more, it looks like your absorbing a lot of the pop. When you cut into the wake and are entering the trough, try putting a little more of your weight to your front foot then transitioning to you rear foot. Kind of like carving up the wake...if that makes sense. Just keep practicing and you will know when you start getting the big air. It might surprise you the first couple of times!!!
Old     (huevo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-09-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
Thanks to everone for their tips. Especially those last two. I never though of it that way before and it makes perfect cents, can't wait to try it out the next time I go. I will give yall an updated video if my height improves.