Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
I need some input from people in the Kansas City area. Here's the deal... I'm going through a divorce and I need to decide if I want to keep the boat or sell it. Wife doesn't want it so it's my call. Right now, it's for sell.

I'm moving to the KC area in July for 10 months and who knows after that. I'm considering keeping the boat if there are any decent places to ride nearby but if there's not then I will sell it.

I found lakes Clinton and Smithville online but not much about suitability for watersports there.

I'm planning on living somewhere north of KC, either just outside or in the city.

Any input?
Old     (jvkc)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-20-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
I am from KC. I go to longview lake (I 470 and Raytown Rd) during the weekdays if I can find some time. This lake is not too large, and gets pretty clogged up on the weekends. I like it because I can be on the water in 25 min from my house. Clinton is a nice lake. I spent many days there while at KU. It is large enough where you can find room. Only negative about it is the drive to lawrence. It turns out to be a day trip. I cant say much about Smithville, never been there. There are options in kc for getting on the water, just have to look around. KC is a good place to live, dont let anyone scare you.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
thanks. I don't really have a choice on moving there so I hope I enjoy it. Any recommendations on an upscale apartment area for a mid-30's, newly single guy?

Or where to find enclosed boat storage near a lake?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-20-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
There are lots of places to ride near KC. I live near Blue Springs Lake, but you could also ride at longview.

You could definitly find some good places to ride close to KC. However, if you really need the money, sell the boat, someone can give you a pull.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-21-2008, 6:18 AM Reply   
You will have a cable park nearby HEREhttp://www.kcwatersports.com/ So what I suggest is having me store your boat at Lake Ozark for you...ride the cable park during the week and head to the Lake for the weekend.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-21-2008, 6:41 AM Reply   
some guys I ride cable with have their boats out here as opposed to the ozarks, and there are at least a couple lakes to ride on that aren't all too far away from the kc metro area.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-21-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
Look at Hillsdale Lake, Clinton Lake, Smithville Lake - good corps of engineers public lakes. Also there is a lot of lakes in the blue springs area - some public, some private - lake lottawanna, blue springs lake, longview lake - a few others. Then if you want to drive a couple hours, you can get to Stockton Lake, Lake of the Ozarks, Pomona lake, even table rock lake and beaver lake aren't too far...

You won't go wrong trying to find good water at Clinton, Pomona, Stockton, Table Rock or Beaver (in order of proximity from KC)

Check out Just Ride Sports in Blue Springs, Sitzmark Sports in Overland Park and Skier's Wharf Extreme at lake of the Ozarks too!

Enjoy!