Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    parks31            03-17-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
anyone been to this lake on the tenn-kentucky line? It lookes nice but I need some expeienced opinions. Thanks
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-17-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
I've been there twice. There is always a cove you can find that has nice water in it. The lake is huge and has tons of coves to block the wind. You won't regret going. We always got a houseboat and it worked out great.
Old    parks31            03-17-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
thanks Justin, we are renting a house on the north side for memorial day weekend. Its about a five hour drive so I hope it is worth it.
Old    jfrizzle            03-17-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
ive been there the last 4 summers. its an awesome lake, very big with a lot of coves as justin said. I always look forward to goin back. you will mos def like it.
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-17-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
Dude!!
big water. plenty deep with nuthin' ta hit but tha bank!! no stumps or rock piles. couple of good baord shops and several good riders in the area. should have a great time.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-17-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
Been there many times. So another vote for YES i'd do it without thinking (not that i think very often anyway:-)
Old    mjones47            03-18-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
I have never been to Dale Hollow but am planning to check it out this summer. Last year we took a trip to Center Hill. Center Hill is from what I hear similar to Dale Hollow. We loved Center Hill. These lakes were built by the Army core of Enginners. There are few private docks and for the most part the banks are steep, helping to knock down the wind. I would not hesitate for a minute on trying Dale Hollow out.
Old    indywakechica            03-18-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
Yeah just another huge vote on yes from me. Every summer we go on a houseboat trip down there. Be careful though..you'll be spoiled with the all day good water down there :-) It's painful to come back to Indiana after the trip is over. I don't think I've ever heard of Center Hill but I've heard that Cumberland lake is pretty much the same as Dale. Here's a link to lots of stuff for Dale including links to marinas. http://dalehollow.org/index.html I highly recommend Wisdom Dock...where we went out of last year and will be again this summer. All the marinas are pretty good though.
Old    indywakechica            03-18-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Oh yeah...one other thing is that I've heard can get fairly crowded on the summer holidays but haven't been there during any of those to say first hand. There's tons of coves so I imagine you'll still be able to find good water.
Old    jhilltennessee            03-18-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
dale hollow is a lot like center hill. the water is clearer though. i've been to dale hollow before when you could see 15-20 feet uner the surface. center hill usually isn't quite that clear. they're both hard to beat if you know where to go.