Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-30-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Do you think this would work on an illusion tower?
Upload
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-30-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Looks possible - but how is it attaching to the tower? Does it zip or velcro where it wraps around the tower. Maybe you could cut the straps from where it would hook to the car roof and modify to secure to the tower.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-30-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
Matt this type does not attach to the rain gutters it goes through the car and close the doors on the strap.

I was thinking of going around the bimini but then what do we do in the winter?

I also thought of making it attach to the side if the tower in one of the future light holes?
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-30-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
We have a similar set up. My racks have a tie down on each end of the pads. The straps are very easy as well. We have had 3 boards on them with no problems at all. Here are the pads I use on my tower. http://waterboyz.com/Product_Detail.cfm?ItemNum=000000211850011&ID=30&C at=Surfboard*Racks&Page=1&Display_Start=1
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-30-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
Matthew - Thanks thats what I needed to go ahead.

What do you do on the front part of the tower were the light is it curves around? what do you attach to?
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
Here is my set up. I've got an Enzo. I don't have the Illusion tower. I didn't read that in your post. Damn public school system. Anyway, mine is the factory tower. It works great for us. A machinist buddy of mine was going to build us some nice racks but these for 40 bucks work like a champ.
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-31-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
They will work but you have to be careful and not let your rope get tangled up with the board when you wakeboard, or hit your head on the board when you are walking around in the boat if you put them on the top of your tower like the picture above. I'm not sure what your tower is but strapping those to mine is no problem.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-02-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Matt thanks for the photo that helps a lot.
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
Bryan, great. Ronnie, we haven't had those problems yet. None of my friends wakeboard. We only surf.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
we just got a DBot 5 surf rack and its awsome
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-19-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
indeed Joey, the Dbot5 racks are awesome. that's what we use cause they hold both wakeboards and most wakesurfers. the strapping softracks to the tower is a good option if people don't have the cash to invest in new racks though...
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-19-2007, 10:45 PM Reply   
I agree. The Dbot5 racks are super. The surf rack works great for either surfboards or wakeboards. And the guys selling them are great guys...they definitely treat you right. I had a problem with one of my racks (the rope got caught on it while we were pulling up a surfer), and I broke an arm off. James & Bryce Hepworth took care of me, sending me a new unit right away (I paid the shipping). They are definitely a class act!