Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-08-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
WTH,
I was out at a local lake yesterday (Anderson)afternoon and we were waiting for the wind to die down. We decided to bust out the wake surfer. 15 minutes into our ride, the county ranger pulls us over...sirens blaring. He proceeds to tell us that what we are doing is illegal since it is similar to teak surfing because we were too close to the swim deck. Then he asks me if I have any carbon monoxide stickers posted in my boat. They were supposed to come with my registration stickers and I needed to have them displayed. No ticket...just a warning. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-08-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Yeah we just got pulled over about a week ago for the exact same thing at Lake Elsinore. They said that we were teak surfing and that we need to be at least 20 feet behind the boat to be same from the monoxide and to be legal.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
Wonder if the same rules would apply, if you had FAE system installed? How is holding on to the deck, being pulled in the water, which is lame anyway, the same as surfing behind the boat? One puts you mouth to mouth with the exhaust, the other, your standing far above and a few feet back of? Seems like they are using their own interpertations of a law to make this float (pun intended, no charge).
Justin, what day was your contact with the Po-po? Outlaws........
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-08-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
I got those sticker too and looked up the info on them.

If you buy a new boat, they must be installed. If you buy a used boat, you must put them on when they send you the reg. It doesn't say anything about people who already owned their boat prior to this sticker law.

I did not put them on.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-08-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
I dont think that I would consider them the same thing. We teak surf, we literally hold onto the swim platform and body surf in the froth, with boat going about 5 mph. I am in no way endorsing this behavior, becuase it is by nature not very safe. But in MN whenever anybody refers to teak surfing that is what they are talking about.
Old     (lnds143)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-08-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
It was a Sunday about 2 weeks ago.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Elsi, on a Sundays, after 9am is "invite the officer onboard" day.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-08-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
Take a look here.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/442054.html?1177908639
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
wow admitting to teak surfing...thats felony stupidity here in california. especially since the kid who died at folsom's dad got 1 million$ from calabria...for their own stupidity...only in cali