Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-02-2010, 3:15 AM Reply   
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....5984137&ref=nf
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-02-2010, 5:28 AM Reply   
that is Legit. How old is Daniel?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-02-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
kids got a bright future!
Old     (TimboSlice)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-02-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
congrats to daniel that is awesome! i hate to be the devils advocate but if u pause the video as he is leaving the ramp he has clearly rotated 180 degrees before taking off the kicker...never the less that is sick and im sure he will be a big name in the future!
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-02-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
he may have rotated early but for any kid hitting bs 9 off a kicker at that young of an age off that small of a kicker... I'd say he is going to be a big name now
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdork88 View Post
he may have rotated early but for any kid hitting bs 9 off a kicker at that young of an age off that small of a kicker... I'd say he is going to be a big name now

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-04-2010, 2:50 AM Reply   
ive watched danny G evolve from 180's off the kicker in 2007 to now stomping that 10. The kid is beyond ridiculously good , and he is actually a better wakeskater than a wakeboarder which is frightening.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....v=383732144869

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....v=384126204869
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-04-2010, 2:57 AM Reply   
actually i take it back hes just as good doing either... S-mobes off the water, roll to blinds, s-blinds, FS and BS 313's, moby dick 5's.. and consistent as hell
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-04-2010, 4:28 AM Reply   
if you watch most cable riders that just how they spin. not saying he couldnt have done it behind a boat, but having that early spin does help.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2010, 5:44 AM Reply   
Yeah I'm not one to steel someones thunder, but I am for keeping it legit. A lot of cable guys claim the 180 they spin on the kicker.

Either way, Daniel's riding is amazing, and a 9 at that age is impressive.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-04-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
Mark Griffin had posted sampled of this young star's wake skating last winter, and it was amazing.

I watched the longer sample above and, while I admit I don't see a lot of cable wakeskating, Daniel looks skilled for sure and looks like he's having so much fun.

He was obviously pleased with the outcome at 3:48 (you got to start at about 3:30).

And then, what's the percentage of population that can go around a corner like what begins at 2:15?
Old     (siriusalpha)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-04-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
"actually i take it back hes just as good doing either... S-mobes off the water, roll to blinds, s-blinds, FS and BS 313's, moby dick 5's.. and consistent as hell"

anybody have videos of these tricks done by daniel grant please post, gotta c it to believe it 13 year old doing s-mobes, s to blind, 313' s too good to be true
Old     (01CableRat)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2010, 2:40 AM Reply   
Kid is amazing for sure!

Last edited by 01CableRat; 06-05-2010 at 2:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (siriusalpha)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-05-2010, 5:56 AM Reply   
video??????????????
Old     (Jack)      Join Date: May 2010       06-06-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
Here is the blind 313.
Old     (chu)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-06-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
watch this vid
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....ubj=1525984137

his part start on 3:16
Old     (Jack)      Join Date: May 2010       06-06-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Lol, sorry, but i forgot to post the vid
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-06-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Yeah I'm not one to steel someones thunder, but I am for keeping it legit. A lot of cable guys claim the 180 they spin on the kicker.

Either way, Daniel's riding is amazing, and a 9 at that age is impressive.
What about landing in the flats like we do when we spin off of kickers? You don't think that is any harder than landing on the down curve of the wake. Yes, in cable the spins are often times cheated and sometimes it is done on purpose ie a lot of the ts bs spins off the kickers, but in cable terms and classification, that was as 10 as a 10 can be. I don't know your cable experience so maybe you know how hard the impact the landings can be when you boost off of a kicker but from my cable experience which is a solid 7 years, my knees are in much worse shape than if i were riding behind a wake for those 7 years (i was still riding wake but the majority of my riding was cable).

Learning a trick off the cable also made learning the same trick on the boat much much easier for me and they are more consistent than they are at the cable because of the hard landings. It just makes popping the handle a lot easier. That toeside 10 was LEGIT.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       06-08-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
Wrong. 180 turn on kicker = 9. But that killed nonetheless! Let get this straight - you can't spin on the kicker and call it a rotation. Just like if you land and spin - it doesn't count. You must be IN THE AIR to count rotation(s). No other board sport does that - snow, skate, etc. For example, imagine the kicker as a vert ramp - skate/snowboarder don't count a spin up the ramp? - No. So why should cheating be standard in cable? Because it's "hard"? Turns out 10's are hard and that's why very few have hit them. So this needs to stop - cheating rotations will further push wakeboarding away from the other board sports core values. IMHO
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-08-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
I'm not going to say that all the cable riders are wrong for claiming the 180 they spin on the kicker, but it just doesn't seem entirely correct to me.

"that was as 10 as a 10 can be" I don't agree. If that's the standard for cable riders, then that's cool, it's a 10. But it would be better it he didn't start to spin on the ramp.

Watch Dean Smith ride cable. He's not doing 10s, but he pops, then spins off the kicker.
http://www.fuel.tv/TheWakePlace/videos/view/2136

I don't know what the reference about landing on the wake vs the flats has to do with it. The 10s I've seen behind the boat were all in the trough, which is the hardest landing you can take.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-09-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
To me its a 10 because I know how hard it is to not have some kind of pre spin off big TS spins. J-rod Dean is an animal on the kickers love watching him smash them dont know how his knees can take it!

However those were all HS spins which usually nobody spins off the kicker. Its only the TS spins which are hard to completely lock all the way through.

Ill only say this, knowing Danny G he will keep working on that 10 and will keep improving it. Also, the kid is TWELVE! Its a little disheartening to watch someone half your size and age overtake you lol, but this aint a normal kid he is the next Davies, Parks or Clifford. Keep watching