Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-22-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Just curious, who on this site calls Cumberland their home lake. Where do you put in at? Where is your favorate place to ride? Where do you stay at? etc.

Heath
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-22-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Heath,

I ride exclusively on Cumberland and usually put in at Lee's Ford and ride on Fishing Creek. There are probably some better places to board on the west end but Lee's Ford is much more convenient for me. I live in Somerset so I stay at home :-) If you come down to ride let me know and we can hook up.
Old     (tktige)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-23-2008, 6:16 AM Reply   
Adam,
What the water level like at Cumberland? Have they finished the work on the dam?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-23-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
Normal summer pool is 725 feet above sea level. Right now the intended level is 680. Actual level is about 688 with hopes that they can bring it back to 690 permanently this year. Work on the dam is going well but they still have a long way to go. There is still plenty of water to ride on :-)
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-23-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Adam,

I am also going to be putting in at Lee Ford. I am going to keep my camper at Cumberland Point Campground which is around the corner.

I usually boat three weekends out of the month so, maybe we can hook up.

Heath
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-25-2008, 5:19 AM Reply   
That sounds great Heath! Get in touch when you plan to come down.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
So her is a question for you you cumberland guys. I am an avid houseboat vacationer and have never been to cumberland but pass it on my way to Dale Hollow Lake and wonder if I am missing amything? The only reason i go to DH is the cheaper prices. Any insights of cheaper houseboat on cumberland? what i have found in comparison to like models is cumberland is a lot more expensive. Thanks
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-26-2008, 5:52 AM Reply   
Snippy, I would guess that your assumption is correct in regarding prices on Cumberland. The only exception may be this year with tourism down I hear that the marinas are dropping prices and offering incentives for houseboat rentals. It may be worth taking a second look. DH is sweet though!
Old     (kbrowning)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-26-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
Snippy, Lake Cumberland (state dock) was boating home for me for 5 years, the last 4 i have been at Dale Hollow. Both lakes are unbelieveably nice lakes. Prices do tend to be lower at DHL as Adam stated, however Lake Cumb is doing a lot of promotion to get tourism back up. I would say prices are probably a little negotiable right now. I believe i saw a statistic that tourism was off by 40% last year, ouch! I was at Lake C for poker run last year and there is still plenty of water for anyone to get their fill. I guess to answer your question, i dont think anyone at either lake is missing anything. One thing i like about DHL is that i can go up the road and have dinner and beer and at Lake Cumb near state dock you wont find any of that...bring what you need in regard to beverages!
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-26-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
I ride out of Lee's Ford on Cumberland as well. I am without a wakeboat at this moment but still have a slip. The area around grider hill and state dock are better places to ride, but you can get a beer at Lee's Ford! If you want to rent a houseboat make Bill Jasper at State dock a offer. They will rent one cheaper than advertised. The one thing I don't like about DH is the stumps in the water. We don't worry about things like that on Cumberland.
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-26-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Supra For Me.

I have boated on DH many times and was never aware of a stump issue. Is tha statement from personal experience?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-26-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
supra, are you getting a new boat this year? If not you can ride with us sometime. let me know if you need a pull.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-27-2008, 6:18 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I boat a ton down at Cumberland and would love to hook up with you guys sometime. I usually launch out of alligator. Let me know and lets ride!
chris
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-27-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
sounds good chris. the season is just around the corner.
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-28-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
Heath, Im on DH about 3 out of 4 weekends a month let me know when your there. How about weekend so everyone could get together on Cumberland?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-29-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
For y'all who love Cumberland

My great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great Grandpa (13 generations) was the explorer and surveyor who named the Cumberland River in 1750. http://www.nps.gov/archive/cuga/walker.htm

The last entry in his journal 7-13-1750

We killed in the journey 13 Buffaloes, 8 Elks, 53 Bears, 20 Deer, 4 wild Geese, about 150 Turkeys, besides small game. We might have killed three times as much meat, if we had wanted it.

I like to camp so when I go you will usually find me in the Daniel Boone National Forest at Laurel Lake that dumps into Burnside. Although I dont own any property in KY, I feel at home there