Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
i am looking into getting a new moomba mobious lsv or xlv and am wondering what your thoughts and opinions are...this is in my price range for a brand new boat, so if you know something of equal value let me know
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-26-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
Either one would be a great first boat, don't get killed on depreciation though. Make sure you make a good deal upfront.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-26-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
I had the LSV for my first boat, but yeah, the depreciation sucks. Might be better off getting a slightly used Supra, or Nautique, or whatever else you can find that is one or two years old. They are great boats, but as they are price point boats, if you trade out in the first few years, you will take a good hit.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-26-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
I don't know what LSV's or XLV's are running, but Sanger's might be an option.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-26-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
ya i second the sanger. My choice was a moomba or sanger. You get more bells and whistles with the moomba but the gm of the dealer was a friend of a friend and a great guy plain out said in the long run id be way better of with the sanger. I got the v210. His point was it was way more solid in the hull would handle chop better throw a cleaner wake and would be very dependable. so far he's right on. I love mine it was my forst boat as well. a used boat a yr or two old would be very sweet too. Have fun my boat changed my life for ever!!}

(Message edited by deltaridah on March 26, 2008)
Old     (cptsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
My first inboard was a Moomba Outback 2007 with the rad a cage tower, single 400 lb ballast and the plain jane factory stereo system. It was a great entry level boat that I could ski, board and surf(to a limit) behind. Anyway, I added 165 hours, a bimini top and perfect pass and sold it for the same exact price 1 year later. Finer points are what you pay for... Moomba to me is rigid quality without the frills...
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-26-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
You got a heck of a deal on it new, or the buyer was a sucker. Either way good for you.

I would throw sanger out there too, about the same price as moomba but they get way more respect.
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
I second what Soli said EXACTLY. My first boat was also the Sanger V210 and absolutely love it
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-28-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
ok after further review of the boats and my financial situation i am beginning a new search...i am going to stop looking for this summer...suck it up and wait until winter comes around so i can get some beter deals...what want to know is how great of a deal can you get from a boat show and is it really a better time to buy a boat in the winter...

my budget and thought process have both led me to start going in the direction that if i am going to buy a boat i am going to get what i want and keep it for a while...so therefore i am going to start leaning to my original fav's tige, mali, and mc...not to start a war i am just looking for honest opinions on what is going to give me the most bang for my buck in the long run
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-28-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
What about a used boat????

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/558606.html?1206711758

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=168302

I am selling my old boat to make room for the new one. :-)

Good luck with your boat search.
Old     (brownman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-28-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
Jarrod,
Congrats on your decision, you've made a great choice. It took me 6 months to buy my first boat (Four Winns 190) and 1 year to finally land on the right v-drive (Sanger V215).

Now I looked at EVERYTHING within my budget. I was absolutely hooked on the Moomba LSV. I found out at a boat show that the tower wouldn't allow the boat to fit in my garage. So now I'm spending another 10K on something. That opened a LOT of doors. I went to the Sac Boat show and landed on a Sanger. I picked Sanger because of quality, wake, and bang for buck. I would've preferred a little bigger beam, but I absolutely love the boat.

Buying at the boat show really would've only saved me about $2000, but it was still a pretty pricey boat for everything I wanted. I ended up buying a V215 with only 40 hours on it from someone here on wakeworld. I saved over $13k, got the boat LOADED and am now landing grabs and 360's!

Spend some time, don't impose any timelines on yourself, but keep looking. Its a big investment and like you said, if you're gonna do it, get what you want. Its out there. Be sure and post some pics when you get it; congrats on your decision.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-28-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
hey jarrod if you have the means right now its about to be prime baoting season in a month or so but with how bad the economy is there are some crazy deals. I cant believe a few that ive come across. Ive seen malibu vlx's a yr old for like 40 k loaded thats insane. check out the classifieds on here many people post up deals they see just crusing the web to help a fellow ww'er