Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    ripvanbl            02-08-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
My wife really likes the new Addiction speakers from NVS (saw them at the Pleasanton Boat Show). I plan on calling Duane tonight, but I was wondering if anyone knows how far down these speakers hang from the tower? What about the 1010’s and the 808’s? I know the Addictions are new, and therefore, no one may know. I tried to find the specs on NVS1.net, but the site is … not complete ;). The application is for my 2005 Sanger V215, which has a Proflight tower (if that matters). Clearance between the bottom of the tower and the top of the bimini (when folded up) is 11”. Obviously I want to do my research before I spend the money, so any insight is appreciated.

Oh, one more question. I think I read that the Addictions need between 250 and 300 rms. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help,
Brandon
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-08-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
Brandon ~ I don't know how far the speakers hang, but you are asking about a 10" speakers and you only have an 11' clearance. With the mounting bracket I would think the 1010 might just fit. I read somewhere that the Addiction hang 3/4" lower than the 1010 so I don't know if they would. If the 1010 don't fit, it just means that you have to get the 808's .
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-08-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
Ant bug , I think your right on with the clearance. I read the same thing. I don't have a problem w/ my 1010's on my tower (no bimini) I'm 6'3". My tower is custom and not as low as some of the newer towers. I think the 1010's hang down right at 11" , so it would be a snug fit, but worth itYou can mount the 1010's on top. The 1010's weigh close to 80lbs for the pair...I'm guessing the newer addictions are about half that. I'm sure Duane will see this and post. I was extrememly expressed w/ the fit/finish and quality of his product, not to mention great customer service.

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on February 08, 2005)
Old    ripvanbl            02-08-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Ant Bug, I agree. I was just hoping that someone would say, "Oh yeah, I have the exact set up you are talking about and it works great!" :-). Wishful thinking I'm sure, but what I'm really after is just how far they do hang down to check whether or not it is even a remote possiblilty. The bimini can be folded up to hang in a different position, but I'm concerned with folding and unfolding ease.

(Message edited by ripvanbl on February 08, 2005)
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-08-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Well, I don't know if this helps, but here's a pic of the Sanger at the boat show with a pair of 1010s on the tower. I'm not sure of the measurements, but it looks like it would be pretty tight.

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-08-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Pete, just curious, but did you try and shake the tower? Just wondering how much "sway", if any, it had?
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-08-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
Brandon;
I have a 215 With a Liquid Trends box on it and I still have to drop the bimini to fold it and then pull it up to the speakers to strap it. I am not sure how far they hang down but it is close if not shorter than the NVS.
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-08-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
Adam,
I'm the one who mounted the 1010s onto the tower. I honestly did not feel much "sway" at all from the Pro Flight tower.I'll admit I didn't swing from the tower or really test it, but I was impressed with stability none the less. We haven't had this boat out on rough water yet either.

but i will this weekend!

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-08-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Pete,

Let me know how much "sway" you get on that tower on the water. I'm curious to see how much the newer towers get. I asked Duane about it after I bought mine, he said it varies from tower to tower. I'm getting probably 1-3 inches over rollers/doubleups. No stress cracks or any signs of damage, but I've only had them up for 10 hours or so in relatively calm water. I have an older boat w/ a "custom" tower made by a company called aggresive out in CA. (pic in profile)
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-08-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
Brandon, when I installed my tower speakers last year I had to cut down my bimini. I cut mine down like 3 inches with one of those pipe cutters that you clamp down and turn. All you have to do is cut all mounting legs the same and it should remain level. Just a suggestion.
Old    ripvanbl            02-08-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
Lance, that is an interesting idea. I had a custom bimini made and it clamps onto the tower (no permanent hardware). I hadn't really thought of that until you mentioned cutting. I might be able to move the 4 clamps down an inch without effecting operation. I'm still waiting for Duane to answer (or I'll just call him tonight) for actual measurements which will tell me how I'm going to approach this.

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-08-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
Brandon,

Look at my "unveiling NVS addiction" post. You will see that they hang down about the same as one of those 10" Polk Momo grills. Unfortunately I cannot find the diameter of those grills. I would guess it's very close to 11".

Mike
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-08-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
I don't know how far the NVS hang down, but I just ordered 2 of those G10 Momo grilles, and their maximum outside diameter is 11.25".
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-08-2005, 10:34 PM Reply   
Brandon +,
Sorry I didn't see this q earlier but check your email.
For all to know here are the hang dims from the bottom of the top tube.
Entity 808 = 10 inches
Entity 1010 = 10 1/2 inches
Addiction = 11 7/8 inches
And since I have several, the G10 that I measure is just a bit more at 11 5/16.
Pete, thanks for the pic.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-08-2005, 10:38 PM Reply   
And the power is"
250 RMS for the Addiction (4 ohms)
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-09-2005, 5:09 AM Reply   
Thanks Duane for that 0.0625" correction.
Old    ripvanbl            02-09-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
Duane,
Got the email and thanks for the quick answer. I hope this post will help future people who decide to use your products. Now I just need to see about moving my bimini down ~ 1" .