Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-11-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
My friend was thinking about buying a phat sac seat. He already has the regular sacs but with those there is nowhere to sit. I was wondering if you have to fill these full of water to sit on it, or can you put as much water as you need and still use it as a seat?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-11-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
Cody. I believe the part you actully sit on is filled with air, on the water part, so I would assume you have to fill it full of water on the bottom
Old    imcmole            10-11-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
The Fly High Fat Seat needs to be filled all the way with water to be used as a seat. The backrest is then filled with air for support.

www.DiscountWake.com
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
The fly high fat seat is the worst. Full of water and air it doesn't make a very good seat at all. More like a floppy bean/water back to fall down on. I had one in my old boat and hated it. The Launch Pad Sofa makes a better seat. Both hold the same amount of weight so it just depends on whether or not you want to sit on it.
Old    edward            10-11-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
i like our fat seat because we don't fill it quite all the way but i just use the back of the boat for back support or flip around the other way and use the engine cover for a back and watch the rider. its not real supportive but i find it comfortable, its kinda like a bean bag or one of those chairs with air in them. its like sitting on a waterbed and then use the boat for the back of it. but its all opinion i guess. i haven't tryed the LP sofa tho.
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-19-2004, 5:19 AM Reply   
if you have a way to put air in them you dont need to fill them all the way up with water..we have them on display filled with air and they're quite comfy...i've fallen asleep on them before
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-19-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
I love my fat seat. Tons of weight, and has proven very functional at least in my application. I slide out the rear seat, and then I fill up the water part to the max, and don't bother with the air backrest (i just tuck it down and away). The backrest part is not an issue since the upper rear seat padding does not get removed.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-19-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
I HEARD that you can fill it with as much water as needed and then blow the rest up with air...not sure though