Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-08-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
2013 supra 21v. both speedos not working dealer says they work by the gps but the nav works. any solutions for me to try?
Old     (SuperchargedC6)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-08-2014, 2:13 PM Reply   
Did you check the paddle wheel? They have GPS and a paddle wheel. it should be next to the tranny going through the bottom of the boat.
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-08-2014, 2:54 PM Reply   
yea already checked paddle wheel talked to dealer and they said the paddle wheel is a backup. both speedometer and on the vision screen neither work. dealer said the speedometer works off of the gps and told me to check and see if the nav works and it does.
Old     (finn)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-08-2014, 7:53 PM Reply   
Speedo not working...
Old     (Motosno963)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-08-2014, 10:46 PM Reply   
check the connectors, could also have a faulty paddle wheel. a few guys on the moomba forums have had the issue with the speedos and they would clean out the connectors in the bilge and put some grease in them and they have worked fine ever since
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2014, 1:00 PM Reply   
that speedo aint working either!LOL! it could be but dealer told me speedo works from the gps if the gps is not working
Old     (Motosno963)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-09-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
if your gps is working and your reg speedo isnt then here has to be a bad connection somewhere
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
yea i have looked under the dash for anything disconnect havent found anything yet. reg speedo wont work along with digital speedo and cruise wont work either since neither of them are working. going to try it again have read that people have had problems with perfect pass for a day and then worked the next. also just had it de winterized and worked for bout 2hrs then quit. just wondering if they maybe didnt hook something up all the way when got the de win done.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-09-2014, 8:41 PM Reply   
Does your speedo pick up from the sensors mounted at the bottom of the transom? I find that I often get a small chunk of wood in the sensors and that stops the speedos from working. A small drill bit usually fixes it.
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2014, 6:53 AM Reply   
i took the airmar triducer out and paddles spin freely. the airmar gauges water dept and temp and speed. temp and dept work
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-10-2014, 8:29 AM Reply   
I dont know about on the boats that use GPS, but a few years prior to yours, the signal wire from the triducer is the green wire. Check to make sure there's not a green wire loose at the back of your guages anywhere, and you can also test the green wire for voltage. I'm trouble shooting my speedometer right now as well. Here's a thread from the supra forums that may be of some help. Sounds like you have a bit different set up though with GPS speedometer. Do you have PerfectPass on it? If so, which PP do you have?

http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showth...ng-in-RPM-Mode
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-12-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
just has supra vision system. im sure its bout the same way just everything is touch screen. but i am still going to check wires too. i would take it to my dealer but they are 3.5 hrs away
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-16-2014, 7:46 AM Reply   
update on speedometer it definitly has something to do with the gps cause put it in the water and it shows im in oklahoma and the nav is zoomd out