Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
I was just wandering, what the differences between a MOOMBA Moombius and a Supra.

Are they all the same boat?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
They are made by the same manufacture but not the same boat.
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Same Hulls?
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-09-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
I know a guy who left Mastercraft/Malibu to start his own dealership for Moomba/Supra.

His comments to me in the past are as follows:

Basically, they are the same engineered molds, but when coming down to things like carpeting, vinyl, ammenities, accessores, fit and finish, the Supra's get the better of the two designs.

The Supra is like a Cadilac (Escalade) in contrast to the Chevy (Tahoe).

He says the number of man/hours or days to produce a boat in each line differs. Don't remember the stats, but of course, he's saying there is more detail and work in the Supra line.

Dave
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-09-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
The hulls are not the same. I've been through the factory a couple times. Boats are built with the same process / same production line. Fiberglass, gel-coat are identical. The detail on the Moomba finish is not as nice as a Supra. The comparison of Cadilac to Chevy is correct.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-09-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
i was at the factory last week they are both nice boats supra just more plush hulls really are the same they are in the same line until carpet etc i have owned both and like both should get my new 24 ssv tommorow, so stoked
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-09-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
never heard of a moombius though, just giving you a hard time
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-10-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
it is mobius -- not moombius -- it is Moomba's wakeboard line of the moomba --a mobius is a moomba --- not 3 different boats -- Supra then Moomba... both are nice boat --
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
moomba and supra is like toyota and lexus. both the same but one is nicer and more luxury. Moomba is the toyota and supra is the lexus
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-10-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Just wondering, the moomba dealer had a Gravity Games boat at our boat show fully loaded ( And I mean fully loaded) for 40k, the price kind of scared me away, seemed to cheap, then someone told me they were made by Supra and I was just wondering.

But at the price point of the Moomba, it was the least expensive V-drives at our boat show.

It is great to see a entry level boat, manufactured by a company with a good reputation.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
a gravity games moomba should be right at like $50k, i mean a stripped xlv with nothing on it starts at $40k
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-10-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
The X1 is going for around $40K. For the single axle trailer though. (Boat show price. You may be able to convince them to give you one at that price.)
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
yeah good luck getting an x1 for $40k, they don't exsist. no one sells stripped down models like that
Old    bocephus            05-10-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
I got a stripped down '06 SAN.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-10-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
yeah good luck getting an x1 for $40k, they don't exsist. no one sells stripped down models like that

Entrustcloting, You are misinformed my friend...
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-10-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Danny if you find the right dealer you can get a good deal, what boat show were you at
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-10-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
I have all ready purchased a boat, like I said the low price tag on the Moomba scared me off, although to be honest I was not real impressed with the boat. It was nice and im sure it is a great boat but I wanted something a little larger, with a deeper hull.
The dealer is Alabama watersports, he had great prices and seemed like a good dealer, I just was not interested in a moomba. He never bad mouthed any other brand of boat or any other dealer, and I respect that in a salesman, that is the biggest reason I don't own a Malibu, The Mailibu dealer here will diss every dealer and boat within the first fifteen minutes after you walk in the door.

Im sorry but I don't wan't to upset anyone, but in todays economy, if you build a bad product you will be out of work fast, I don't think you can purchase a boat that is not well built.
In the boat house next door is a Bayliner must be an early 80's model, the guy has sacs in it and boards behind it every weekend.

Its all boils down to what you want and the service you get.

My $.02