Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    crush            02-04-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have an 04 X-10 and was wondering the best way to weight it for wake surfing...Thanks
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-13-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
put a whole lot of weight in the back on the side of the rider
Old    cabalisticfire            02-18-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
In my VLX we fill the center (500 lb) and drivers side factory ballast (200 lb), put the wedge down (~1000 lb, but not applicable to an X-10 ofcourse), put a 350lb fat sac on the seat behind the driver and a 350lb fat sac in the rear locker on that same side. Then we move everyone on the boat to that side. When the weight is right, water will flow over the top of the rear corner of the boat because it is so low in the water (have to see to believe). The wake is pretty darn big.
Old    dunk11            03-01-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
For our 03 X-10 we fill up the center ballast all the way. I am goofy so we set the back right ballast about 3/4 full, and the back left ballast about 1/4 full. We have found that if you put too much on the side you are surfing on, the wake breaks too much and pushes you off. I am sure you can do it, but I am not to that level yet. Right now I ride the Hyperlite Landlock and I am not to the freestyle point yet. All I can do is go off the back of the boat, surf a little, then surf onto my platform and step back into the boat.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-09-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
That's all you can do dunk.. LOL (I feel pretty good on a wakesurfer and I don't think I can ride up to the boat and step off.)
we have an 03 x10 as well. We just fill one of the rear factory ballast system full, the center 3/4 full and we add a 350 fat sac in the same rear compartment that the ballast system is filled in. We have everyone sit on the same side as well and it's awsome. My friends and I have no problem's being towed out on our belly's and upon cresting the wake we ditch the handle and paddle up to the sweet spot and snap up. Also when you get to far back and are about to go out the back you can drop to your stomach and paddle back up. I have some footage from this summer if you guys want to see it.
Old    dunk11            03-22-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
Never thought about dropping back down Chris. That is a good idea. I will try it this weekend when I go back. We can pop up, but whenever I get too far back on the wake, I just bend and put pressure on my front foot. Sends my flying back up into the sweet spot.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-07-2004, 6:09 PM Reply   
Chris,
post some of the footage
Old    bambamski            06-22-2004, 7:29 AM Reply   
We just started surfing behind our X-10, almost everyone we ride with is goofy, so we ride on the starboard side of the wake. To clean the wake up we have to turn slightly, does anyone else have to do this? Or are we just doing this wrong? Anyone have any pics of their surf wake?
Old    captfaceplant            06-25-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
I have a Maristar 210vrs, which is essentially the same boat. I am still trying to figure out what weight works best. I have PerfectPass, and am still playing with speed and weight distribution. I have two 400# sacks on each side of the engine, and two 250# sacks up in the bow on each side as well as a full locker sack. I also have 2 100# sacks along the port side under the seat and all the weight is independantly adjustable. If anyone has anything tried and true that works let me know. We thought we had everything dialed first time out today, and it was working well on one side of the lake, but once we turned and headed the other direction, it sucked, with no speed or weight changes. Does this make any sense to anyone out there? If and when I get it dialed I'll let everyone know what worked for me. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-05-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
It's possible that it's not the boat or weight at all but instead the depth of the lake. If you get into shallow water your wake will disappear it happens to us a t san v as well as elsi. You can read my prior post a few up from this one for suggested weighting. It really works fine. Speed is between 9.5 and 10 on PP
Old    sleepyz            07-09-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
I have an 04 x-10 also...we put one 1000# bagless on top of the factory center ballast...fill left side factory full with 2 launch pad 440's in the rear(each side of motor) and add 600# on ground left side with (2) 250# side sacs in pass storage compartment...this builds a nice wake..only 4 peeps go so one driver one wakesurfer and two guys on left side about 200#'s each..ohh ya be prepared to burn a whole tank of fuel...for a 8 hour day..but we found this works best for us.
Old    waterguy            08-15-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
Yo chris post some of that footage you mentioned previously. I never thought that would be possible and couldnt do it myself when i tried. T
Old    sleepyz            08-15-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
ok we changed our set up....1000# bagless starting on top of center plug access hole foward...440 launch pad in left rear locker...440 launch pad tied to left rear sun deck then we put a 250 on rear seat all the way to left side then fill kgb center and left .... heres a pic

Old    210n            09-12-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
Well i'd start by filling it up with cement and sinking it, then buy a 210. :-)
Old    steve0            09-13-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
hahaha