Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-29-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
i've blown my left knee before.... and tore everything. but i've never had a knee strain or sprain. the other day i came down on top of a roller after hitting a double up too soon and my right knee buckled. mind you i wear two cti custom knee braces when i ride. i don't remember there being any popping but there was a sharp pain when it happened... but when i got back in the boat there was no swelling or anything of that sort. there really was no pain after the fall, but the mcl part of my knee was sore. i can jump and do one legged squats on it but when i walk and turn the corner or if my leg moves a certain way, my mcl will feel lax and there is some give.

if i tore something wouldn't there be swelling and pain? is it possible that i might've strained the mcl, and just stretched the ligament which is why there is a little instability when i move certain ways..... i would think that wakeboard falls are a little more serious and the chances of only straining a ligament, as opposed to tearing something, are slim to none. what is everyone's take on it? feedback appreciated!