Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-03-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
i posted this in the non-wake discussion but didn't get much help, a fellow WW'r suggested to post in this forum...any ideas please let me know, thanks.

Hey everyone, just wanted some advice from you guys on what type of set up I should go with for my new stereo I plan on getting installed before summer hits. My last set up was two 12 Alpine Type S subs, with custom box, 1 Digital PDX Alpine amp, and Alpine head unit. It was a great set up, which unfortunatley got stollen out of my Chevy Z-R2 S-10 Pick up. But, the amp was bolted into the frame in the rear of the truck, so the theaves didnt' have a chance at removing that unless they had a drill. So, that said I plan on reusing my amp, but am wanting to upgrade my sub/box set up.

The two 12's I previously had were a nice set up for the truck, but I have now changed vehicles to a 2008 VW Jetta 2.5. I have never owned a car, and have already messed up my body kit on the bottom due to over-parking a space (sweet). Anyway, I can't STAND when I pull up to other 4-door cars with a stereo system, and all I hear is the RADDLE coming from the over-powered system they have in their trunk, and that is NOT what I am going for. I am really thinking of setting up two 8" subs, or maybe just one 10" sub for the trunk, but again don't want it to be to much power. So what I am getting at is, for you guys with systems set up in your trunk/car, what have you found to sound the best? I am looking to spend anywhere from $200-$300 for subs alone, I'll probably build my own box, but again could use some help on what the best set up for the trunk/sound would be.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
I have two 10's in my civic (trunk, not hatch) and it makes ZERO noise, besides the bass...

I didn't do anything special, just two 10's in a box...
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-03-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
the last box I had did not have an air port,

nick does your box have an air port?
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
have 3 jl w6 in my wife's acura
sounds good no rattle
of course the whole trunk is dino-matted
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-03-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
craig,
another guy suggested to use dynomat, i've been doing some research on it, looks cheap but how excatly do you install??
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
it's a peel and stick product
cut it to shape
stick in on
done
also improves sound since the energy is reflected and not put into movement ( rattle )
don't forget to do that damn license plate frame

also if you are going to build your own box do that as well inside only
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-03-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Alot of the time the rattle is the lic. Plate all you have to do is double side tape the plate on and no rattle. That said I'm still trying to figure out how to stop the wiper on the back of my wifes car from rattling. Dynomat for sure though.
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
remove it
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
I have popped rear windows out before
damn crx's
always crack a window relieves air pressure
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-03-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
alright so dynomat the box, how much am I going to need?
Old     (my_malibu)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
depends on vehicle
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Jetta is a solid car, just go for it and chase rattles down after.
Old     (billy2603)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
Dynomat the interior of the trunk if possible (under the carpet), not just the box. In my last car, I stuck a small piece of foam tape at each side of the license plate to stop it from rattling. As previously stated, the license plate is usually the #1 enemy.