Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-08-2003, 11:04 AM Reply   
Im 14 and have been wakeboarding for a few months now. I can do some simple tricks but i want to start going BIG! Can you give me some tips on going big on a cabletow and also tips on doing raley's on a cabletow. If you have any video clips of you doing a raley on a cable can you put it on the end of the message.
Thanks Richard.
Old     (identiti_rider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
Hi... Richard. Sorry i can't offer any help 'cos im in about the same position you are. I couldn't help but notice your name (mkwakeboarder). Could the MK mean Milton Keynes - Bucks? Just checkin' because i am also 14 and from there. (cabletow at Willen by any chance?)
Old                08-03-2003, 3:40 PM Reply   
okay, here is a question. I am sure it is dumb but what exactly is a cabletow?
Old                08-04-2003, 12:51 AM Reply   
I have never used a cable but, your basically getting towed round a cable track, so there is no wake, and you have to load the cable to get any air. Someone please correct me if im wrong

andy
Old     (identiti_rider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-04-2003, 2:39 AM Reply   
yea thats right... and the cable is about 20ft in the air.
Old                03-26-2004, 1:54 AM Reply   
hi mkwake to do an air raley on the cable u need to find the best corner to do the trick first step is to size up the corner u have to edge away from the corner hellside if u ride goofy if u ride regullar i can t help u lode the rope and look when the rope is passing on the corner when it does lean back sharply it is all in the timming and it will pull u up when in the air keep your head up do not look down or up look stait a head keep your chest up and when your are on the top of your hight pull the rope next to your hip and at the same time spot your landing good luck yo identity rider i was a cable opperator at willen lake
Old                03-26-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3184/102647.html?1080047865
Old                04-08-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
hy! i am from germany and so may be my english is not perfect, but i can try to help, because in germany we wakeboard mostly behind cables and nearly nobody rides behind a boat.
i think the most easy inverted trick is the railey or the backroll: Railey: u have to start to cut after the corner, you have to cut progressiv(first cut just a bit, then get harder and harder). when your cable really is loaded, u have to do a last cut and lay back(as if you would do it when you wanted to stop the cable)
understood? -i don t think so!
may be i ll find a picture. greetings from germany, cya J@nsi