Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (yeldarb)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
I tried some Raleys for the first time today, but I'm spinning a 180. What do I need to do differently?

I got back here and read some threads, so next time I'm going to look at the top of the tower, but other than that do I need to do anything else?

Here's the video of my first two attempts (clip 1&2 and 3&4 are the same.. just different playback speeds)

http://wake-boarding.org/raley.mov
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       08-01-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
ur crouched over on ur edge in...keep ur back straight and give a real hard progressive edge all the way through....extend ur arms and look at tower and bring arms back down to ur hips
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-01-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
head up and look at the top of the tower like Trent said.
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-02-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
all u gotta do is commit to it and then look at the tower
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
Stand tall on your edge. Get a bigger cut to the wake. You should be screaming into the wake with your legs and back practically locked straight and your but almost dragging the water. The line tension will give you the pop and then look at the tower for direction. Also, make sure to have equal weight on your feet
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
are you doing a krypt
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-30-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
looks like the beginnings of a whirly if i'm not mistaken
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-30-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
... sounds like you've already found the hint on the site. Give that passenger riding shotgun a wink!
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-02-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
Easy fix. Look at the tower. Eyes on the tower = no rotation.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-12-2008, 11:38 PM Reply   
Agreed, you definitely need to keep your head and chest up... Look at the boat!
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-25-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
What they said ^^
and keep the handle closer into your hip
Old     (justinlkgb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-03-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
I'm with the rest, straighten out, get your shoulders back and stand tall.
Old    stoked27            07-09-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
With the video zoomed in it seems to hide your cut, but I would say that you're not cutting hard enough through the wake. Like 1boarder said, you should be screaming toward the wake. People in the boat always laugh at how when I cut it makes them feel like I'm pulling the boat over.

For the rotation - you're looking at your armpit. That's pretty close to what you'll do when you try an S-Bend. Like you've heard a million times already, look down the handle at the tower.

Your feet seem to be going behind you slightly slow. The trick should crack your back basically, and for me it feels like it doesn't really require much effort to bring it back in - when I was learning it and I was forcing my feet behind me it felt like I was pulling a freight train back under me. It should almost kind of snap your back and assist your feet back under you. If you hold your cut to the top of the wake and pop with the cut still held, you'll be popping your feet diagonally, throwing them behind you. When I pop like this I let my upper body pretty much go limp so I get horizontal.

If your not going balls to the wall you won't land it. Put some hot chics in the boat.