Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-07-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   

1) If your board has a core with no foam, YOU MIGHT BE A CABLEBOARDER.

2) If your board flexes into deep stanky presses, YOU MIGHT BE A CABLEBOARDER.

3) If you look really awkward doing intermediate tricks off the wake, but can do an S-bend to blind on a cable corner, YOU MIGHT BE A CABLEBOARDER.

4) If you think fins are unnecessary and just get in the way, YOU MIGHT BE A CABLEBOARDER.

5) If you run around a lake wearing boats in 90 degree weather, YOU MIGHT BE A CABLEBOARDER.

So what's my point? It does NOT make sense to call riding the cable: wakeboarding. There is no wake (except the wake you make with the board)

Remember that thread I made about wakeboarding vs snowboarding? Well, from that thread I learned that it doesn't matter what surface you are on (water or snow) the name of the sport depends on the equipment. So riding a wakeboard on snow is still wakeboarding. Riding a snowboard on water is still snowboarding. Riding a cableboard on water is...CABLEBOARDING.

Cableboards are very different than the boards used for riding wake. I'm no scientist, but if a board is soft enough to make a solid press, how can it be hard enough to pop off the wake? Do you see Harley, Phil or Rusty riding flex boards? Of coarse not, cuz they are wakeboarders who ride the wake. LF hybrids are for people who can't afford a cableboard and a wakeboard. Slingshot used to make only cableboard, but this year they came up with a stiffer design for wake cuz they knew soft boards suck for boosting off the wake.

You might then ask, why don't I call them winchboards for people who use winches. Then I would say that's silly cuz winching is about as legit as getting towed by a car, and I'm not gonna coin the name towboarding either.

I know I'm not the only one who sees two different sports emerging between cable and boat. Who thinks we are ready to have a revolution that will allow cableboarding to break free and be recognized as it own sport?