Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-18-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
Alliance just posted hes the newest rider, maybe we will see some of his sweet art on a board!!! Congrats!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-18-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
Congrats Mike!
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-18-2010, 11:01 PM Reply   
Congrats!!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-19-2010, 3:50 AM Reply   
Nice
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-19-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
wow
Old     (party_foul)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-19-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
He did the art on a 2011 liquid force hybrid from the looks of the 2011 gear thread. That would suck if designed a board and doesn't get to ride it.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-24-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
Why would you leave a company right after they gave you a pro model? It makes me confused.
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-24-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
Probably because they made him a better offer...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-24-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
Congrats to Mike! Great pickup for Slingy.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-25-2010, 4:33 AM Reply   
congrats
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-25-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
Totally stoked on the Ballistic seires and his art!
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-26-2010, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexnwake View Post
Totally stoked on the Ballistic seires and his art!
can you tell us more about the ballistics? behaviour on water compared to the regulare SS boards?

would be great
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-26-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
I'll try my best from behind the desk... Office jockey, away.. HA!.. Haven't had anytime on the decks personally so it will just be basic breakdown of construction and tech. Although that should change soon...

Hooke 38/42, Fastrack stance options: 21" - 27"

Hooke will be a aggressive 3 stage similar to the Recoil but with 4 added fir stringers near the center of the board and a carbon wrap rails for added strenght, increased pop, and stiffness. Also should hold its flex pattern longer with the add carbon. When I say aggressive its a really aggressive 3 stage, need to see it up close to really notice it. Looks like a killer wake to wake board! Tons of upward pop with those stingers so close to together! Skate ollie type pop.

Newton 37/42, Fastrack stance options: 21" - 27"

Newton will be similar in shape as the Respones and will have a continuous rocker layout. Added stiffness with the carbon wrap rails and 4 fir stingers near the outside of the board near the rails. This will allow killer loading of the board and the "recoil/rebound" with proper timing hitting the wake should send you to the moon... Will be the fastest of all the decks and should handle max speed and landings better with the added stiffness of carbon, proper placed fir support stingers and countiouns layout of the deck.

Kine 37/41, Fastrack stance options: 21" - 27"

Kine is the Reflex of the butch and as you guessed and runs carbon wrap rails and similar stinger postion as the Hooke... Very good pop from the flat, IE skate ollie. This board runs a hybrid flat 3 stage that makes it quick and nimble at low and high speeds. Chimmed rails too for catch free feature fun! Choice for those at the cable.

Hopefully my weak summury helps and to the knowlegde bank but I would assume SS riders will chim in as product drops! which should be very very soon...
Attached Images

Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-26-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
Wow, those are actually some of the best graphics I've ever seen on a wakeboard, absolutely love them. Congrats to Mike and Slingshot, looking foreward to big things from you guys!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-26-2010, 9:20 PM Reply   
Absolutely loving the graphics, and the track system should work awesome with the new baseless system no doubt!

What I'm curious about though is: With Hyperlite having a similar system, and their claim that it makes the board more rigid throughout those areas, will these series of boards be more like your standard wakeboard as far as stiffness goes? Sounds like the carbon stringers are really adding rigidity to it as well.

Last edited by hawkeye7708; 10-26-2010 at 9:23 PM. Reason: Adding on to post.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-27-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
I have company boots from the first year they came out, will i be able to put them on this new board????
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-27-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
Those board designs are awesome. I especially like the Hooke 142 the best personally. Is this the same kind of binding attachment setup that the burton snowboards have this year?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
Don't the snowboards that use the fast track system still flex pretty good? an aluminum track does sound like it would be stiffer, but at the same time i can't help but think of the snowboards... but then again i hardly would call myself a snowboarder so what do i know haha

as for hyperlite's claim for more rigidity, well maybe they put a thicker track in... or maybe they are just emphasizing/exaggerating the effect it has to maintain rocker as compared to bolts

I imagine that any brand of boot can fit on these boards (be it hyperlites nova core or the new 2011 slingys) its just that one will have to put on the NON 4-hole hardware (where applicable). Then some modifications will have to be done to adjust for bolt height, which is common when mix matching brands. add washers, grind the bolts down, or buy different bolts is always the answer(s) in this case

It would almost be nice if bolts came with boards too... or that bolts would be at least more easily accessible to purchase for various brands

speaking of bolts, I actually prefer the look and function of the slingshot's old binding bolts/locks as fin bolts than the ones that come with the fins. they spread out the weight and don't cause those little dimples in the board, especially if one overtightened. might not be as much an issue with the all wood cores now though

Last edited by wakerider111; 10-27-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-27-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
Those are some of the sickest graphics i have ever seen on a board. How does running the carbon effect the flex of the boards?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-27-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
All three of those are Mike Ennen relief art
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-28-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yager97 View Post
I have company boots from the first year they came out, will i be able to put them on this new board????
Yup' they should adapt just fine... They run the 4 hole so you just need the transition plate.

Last edited by flexnwake; 10-28-2010 at 4:18 PM. Reason: run-on sentence had to add a period. SLINGSHOT WAKE
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-29-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Is it still rumored that Lyman will be joining the Slingshot team? Or was that Company?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-29-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
I just got an email from Mikey saying that he has like 55 Liquid Force Boards for Sale. Pretty cool.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-29-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
holy sh*t that is a lot of boards. it must be nice to setup a new board whenever you want and always get that feeling of how a brand new board pops the best the first day you ride it and slowly goes downhill until it snaps
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-29-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
Adam,

The rumor was Company.

Andy, HORRY COW! That's A TON of boards. I may have to look into upgrading my slider board if he's running a mega sale! ha
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       11-01-2010, 4:17 AM Reply   
love it