Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-08-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
Hey everybody! Just wanted to share a couple quick snapshots of our slider project that's coming together pretty well up here in La Crosse, Wisconsin! Sorry for the crappy quality, this was shot off my AWESOME LG WINE 2 haah
Attached Images

Old     (MalibuLX3)      Join Date: May 2010       08-08-2011, 10:13 PM Reply   
Cool, what are you going to coat the plywood with to make it slide?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-08-2011, 10:30 PM Reply   
My buddy got ahold of some material that comes in sheets. I guess it could most closely be compared to linoleum as far as what it handles like. The stuff is super low drag, super smooth, and apparently really durable. I guess we'll find out! ha
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2011, 6:56 AM Reply   
you would be a lot happier with it if you point the kick on the end down instead of up.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-09-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
J,
Definitely. That was just angled up for putting some ply on it, and there was also a big stack of wood back there we didn't feel like moving. Standard position will be with both of them down. We're also going to build an accessory barrel crib to put under the step ups to allow for an elevated end of we want one.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-09-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Looks similar to a design I have been working on. How are you keeping the ramps floating & from folding up or down on you while hitting it?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-09-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
Wazzy,

The ramps are pretty heavy and will have 35 gallon barrels sitting bout half way up the underside of the ramps allowing them to sit in the water with buoyancy when you hit it.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-09-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
So are the up and down ramps on some sort of hinge system, since you're talking about them moving up and down?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-09-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
Brian,
Yessir. We've got both down ramps hinged so we can flip them up to put it on a trailer. As I mentioned above, there was a serendipitous discovery of having an elevated "off" option on one end of the ramp as well with the hinges.