Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
Just an observance:

Slingshot is to this message board what CWB was a year or two ago.

I don't mean as in board design, but more like an annoyance of people ramming it down our throats. People are convinced that it is the next best thing to sliced bread, but unfortunately the folks I know that have ridden them think otherwise. I'd like to think there is something more to it than trendiness, but it is hard to believe with the propoganda that we are getting.

Also, one must wonder if half the people that are stuffin' slighshot down everyone's throats ripped on all those that tried to stuff cwb down our throat two years ago.

The big question on my mind, is how does this marketing machine work? Are these people somehow affiliated with Slingshot, in the same way that others on here are boat dealers but pretend not to be?
Old    alanp            10-16-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
ouch.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-16-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Yes, yes, and yes.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-16-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
all valid points. thats why i have started to most of the raving praise on here about a product, slingshot or otherwise, with a grain of salt.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-16-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
What's up Tim! I agree. I remember thinking how great it was to hear an unbiased opinion on wake products from such a large population of fellow riders. Unfortunately a lot of companies have figured out that by selling items it a discount or "hooking a brotha up" can result in a lot of good PR here through WW. I cant really hate on those getting the hookup, as I would probably do the same. But the days of getting unbiased product information seem long gone. I realized this firsthand when I purchased a new handle. All the LG2 hype, was just that for me...hype. I will take my "other handle" any day of the week.

Nowadays, almost everyone's got an angle to play.

I will say that I do have a softspot for the underdog as more change and "outside" competition can help bring gear to a new level. Like 4 bolt bindings, I wish EVERY board had that personally, but that's just me.

P.S. Friday looks cloudy but good thus far
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
ok so i see both sides to this one. I wrote on the slingshot forum cus im genuinely excited about my new setup. i got to demo one through a friend and then yes got a discount, however, i dont talk about it on here cus im affiliated with them at all. i look at it as sharing my stoke and how i now look at freeriding differently. i do have to say that i dont think its good that their sales rep is on here. im a pr major and to me that just isnt good for slingshot. that and ive seen him say stuff that makes slingshot and all us that are stoked on the product look bad. Ill still be the one to say to everyone DEMO DEMO DEMO, and yeah try a slingshot, try a cwb, hell try a hydroslide, not all boards are for everyone. Im just excited i found a product that works for me, for i was beginning to get a lil burned out and needed something to change my style. as for biased reviews, well you see it alot on here (just look at the boat thread) but i can honestly say that i demo lots of stuff so when i back something its what works for me, and yeah thats biased, and im guilty of not writing reviews for products i dont like cus that tends to only start wars on here. the worst part is ill prolly get flamed for this post and all i was doin was just sharing how i feel for the situation (which included both sides)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-16-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
Tim, can I ask you 2 questions? What is the level of the riders that didn't like the slingshot boards?

Also, are they sponsored by another company?

If they themselves get a hookup, then they have a biased oppinion. Im not trying to start anything.

I have riddent slingshot, and they were a lot of fun to ride.
Old    alanp            10-16-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
leo-- i have known you for some time and know your abilities on the water and what you do for texas a&m. when you prefaced your review that slingshot was sponsoring your tournament you have to see others point of view that they (slingshot) have you in their backpocket so to speak. now had you stated you just demoed a slingshot and these were your thoughts then it would read totally different. i do believe your points about the board i've never known you to be untruthful or a brand whore but understand how others may think your opinion is biased. late
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-16-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
Oh god..it's all big conspiracy!

Unfortunately a lot of companies have figured out that by selling items it a discount or "hooking a brotha up" can result in a lot of good PR here through WW"

I'm sure it happens, but I believe a lot of people here still support the companies, products, and people they like. Me for one.

Everyone knows I support CWB. But I was supporting and recommending their products to everyone here on the board years before I became an industry guy with "relationships." Everyone rode Hyperlite at the time.

I certainly don't think everyone on here recommending a Slingshot and sharing their excitement about the board is speaking up because they got a discount. And it's not annoying to me to see an explosion of interest in something new. Slingshot is changing the Wakeboard!

And I never understood why the CWB movment was so annoying to people. Finally people were trying something other than Hyperlite, and sharing their excitement in finding something new. I think a lot of people are just going to feel annoyed by whatever is hot at the time.

By the way. I LOVE the LG handle. No one is paying me to say that, and it's not "hype."
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
You could be right about "reps" sneaking in here to hype their products. But at least the Slingsot guy's handle is slingshot, so whatever he says you still can't fault him for being straight up about who he is.

With that out of the way...I'm all for wakeboarders (or whoever) hyping a new product, especially one that actually is something innovative. The sport really lives on word of mouth, and if it weren't for the companies pushing the hell out of their products we'd all still be riding skurfers (and if you want to know what thats like put a surf fin and some bungee cords on one of your oars and try BS 180 on that sucker).
Old    alanp            10-16-2007, 10:47 PM Reply   
i think the issue is people just want an unbiased opinion. consumer reports doesnt have advertising in the magazine for a reason. people are less likely to give an honest review of x if they are getting hooked up by x, simple and plain. and if you are getting hooked up by x youre less likely to ride y and z' products further shaping your opinion.

dont get me wrong i'd love for my opinion to be biased!!!! slingshot wanna send me a board??
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-16-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
a j rod i could swear that i saw your name on the cwb website as a part of cwb's nor cal faction team. Doesnt that mean your sponsored by them? so u do kinda get paid for your opinion on cwb right? i think cwb is a great board co but so are all the others imo.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-17-2007, 12:34 AM Reply   
J-rod is sponsored by CWB.

http://ridecwb.com/2007/index.php?mod=team_faction
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2007, 12:50 AM Reply   
It's sort of like this with anything new. People were raving about Ronix before anybody had even ridden one, and there was much, much discussion about it. I'm wondering why it bothers you.
BTW, nice purple Byerly in your profile pic, the OG finless board. I had that same board, the bottom graphics were the sickest ever!!!
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2007, 4:53 AM Reply   
Geez, Now I am starting to wonder why I support certain products, and have NEVER gotten a hook up...... I have to buy everything I own!

Maybe I should be glad that God blessed me with good looks and no wakeboarding talent!! AT least my product reviews are unbiased.

Sean
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-17-2007, 5:16 AM Reply   
I paid full price for my Slingshot setup and I stand by my opinion that flex boards are the wave of the future. I also have no affiliation with Slingshot whatsoever. It is just an awesome setup that in my humble opinion is more fun to ride than a conventional wakeboard. Just sit back and watch all of the other companies come out with their own version of it. In fact, that is already happening. I don't necessarily think that all boards will be flex boards in the future but I do believe that it will be a whole new category in which most companies will introduce new product.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-17-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
"Slingshot is to this message board what CWB was a year or two ago."

...except I've rode a Slingshot and actually enjoyed it, haha
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-17-2007, 5:33 AM Reply   
Alan, they did sponsor our tournament, but I didn't see anything from it. Also, I don't like their bindings (or closed toe) and I stated this in my review. If I did get a Slingshot board, I would buy the 08 Zeus because they are pretty narrow this year.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-17-2007, 6:08 AM Reply   
I have been riding for 10+ years and when it takes me 10 minutes and my friends help to put a set of bindings on, your product officially has a problem. Not a fan at all
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-17-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
Did anyone catch the first part of my last post? The part where I was giving props to Slingshot?

I pretty much told you in my post that I'm "an industry guy and have relationships." No I don't get paid. Again I started supporting CWB in 2002 after I paid $500 for a platy board, not after they started helping me.

Anyway, it's easy to discredit my posts on my favorite products because of this. Whatever. I never tell anyone that CWB boards are better than this or that companies boards. But I will tell you there Cali representation is better. I haven't ridden a non-CWB board in years so I have no comparisons. I'll give you my honest opinion on the board that I ride, and like everyone else, I'll recommend you demo as many boards as possible before you buy.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-17-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
The unbiased wakeboard opinions have been worth less than the space they take up on the internet for a long time. People will always support the companies that support them. All the companies make good product. Some are backed with more hype than others. Some work better than others. True innovations like flex boards and hinge bindings come along infrequently. The rest of the hype out there is usually surrounding a minor change rather than a complete innovation.

I think the flex board thing is pretty cool. I've yet to ride a Slingshot, but wont be suprised to see all the companies follow suit in the coming years. I think a large part of why Slingshot has grown at the rate that it has is because they have the cash to throw at the sport. People forget that they aren't just some startup wakeboard company trying to make it. They've been in the kiteboard scene for years. They've now made an "assault" on wakeboarding. People are always ready to jump on something new and try it out. It's what creates the type of excitement around Slingshot right now.

So, I've heard both sides of the argument on Slingshot. I've talked to team riders that love the product and I've witnessed some astonishing riding on their boards. I've also seen and heard the opposite. Guys that kill it on regular boards and just can't get into the Slingshot product. I'll reserve my judgement until I get a chance to ride their stuff.

As far as believing what you read here: BUYER BEWARE! There are a lot of people on here giving reviews about "pop" of a board that can barely go wake to wake, or people talking about how a board "spins" that are doing surface spins. Now I for one have no problem with this. Everyone needs to learn and we've all been at that level. Just keep in mind the reviews of a guy doing 7's or Mobes is going to be significantly different than a guys doing surface 180's or 1 wake jumps. Both of these guys could be on the forum at the same time reviewing product. Sooo, I've learned to take internet advice with a grain of salt. Use site's like this as a tool to learn about products and get oppinions, then generate your own by demoing the product.

Ride what works for your and get out there and have fun. If you've gotta try out 10 boards a year to do that, then go for it.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-17-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
Its kind of stupid that we let ourselves get all nutted up about a board anyway. Lets face it, there hasnt been anything any board company has done in the last 5 years that make their board any different than any other. If you truly believe that one brands 141cm, 3-stage, board is significantly better than any others, you are seriously being fooled. You do not ride better because of the logo on it.

Anyone can take the time to get used to any board and make it their new favorite. If you are smart, you ride the one that cost you the least, because thats what all the promoters on here are doing.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-17-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Thank you Evan...One more thing I would like to add. When people say that this new board pops better than their old board, there are a few things to take into consideration. If you have been riding a board for 2 years, and switch to a new board, of course the pop is going to be better. The old board loses its strength and responsive flex, so it won't pop nearly as good as a new board. I just think its funny how each year people claim that 'this board pops better than that one' or 'lands softer than that one' when the only difference in the two boards is about 1cm of fiberglass.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-17-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
On the first point, I realize that we occasionally get people on here with an ulterior motive of selling product. However, I like to give the readers a lot of credit for sniffing out these kinds of people and either calling them on it or discounting their opinions whenever they post. The readers' ability to do this is what makes this discussion board so valuable.

As far as the Slingshot product goes, any way you slice it, you have to admit that they've brought something different to the market and that's usually a good thing. Slingshot sent me a full set up for free and I gave it a whirl and I really liked it. My primary ride is still my Liquid Force Trip (also sent to me for free), but I've held on to the Slingshot and still use it on occasion because it's definitely a fun board. Keep in mind that many companies send me free boards and, although I usually give them a try, I don't usually hang on to them unless they really impress me. Right now, the Trip and the Slingshot are the only two I use. Also keep in mind that I'm a pretty weak intermediate rider, so my opinion doesn't necessarily mean jack and might not even matter to you! :-)
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-17-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Yes, you might think i'm here to pimp but i'm here to add new product info and clean up any mis-information out there regarding Slingshot. I don't hijak any other posts regarding other products or talk down other products.

I'm just your average rider that loves to be out doors and have fun on a boat.

My job is to spread the stoke!

Dont hate the player hate the game!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-17-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
While the "CWB Is Everything" posts made me gag a year or two back I don't feel like the Slingshot posts are really done with ulterior motives. I suppose by a few, but I think that some people have really taken to their different riding style and want to share the stoke with people riding traditional boards.

That said, ANYONE who is at all sponsored or getting hooked up is going to be biased. In class yesterday, we looked at how scientists funded by industry are biased 100% of the time.

It doesn't matter if someone on here didn't start without a bias. If they're getting a hook-up, take it with a grain of salt.

Oh, and one extra little novel concept: DEMO!!!! :-)}
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-17-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have never spent more than a minute getting into my Slingshot bindings and certainly have never needed the help of my friends to get them on. There are definitely bindings out there that are easier to get into but its not a big deal at all with the Drivers. It is well worth it for me because they fit better than any binding that I've ever used. Also, one of my riding buddies who rides Murray bindings and loves them tried my setup and loved the bindings. In fact he is going to get some next season for his Fish.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-17-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
WOW!!!.....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-17-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
ulterior motive?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-17-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
ul·te·ri·or [uhl-teer-ee-er] –adjective
1. being beyond what is seen or avowed; intentionally kept concealed: ulterior motives.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-17-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
the LG2 is amazing, i hate using other handle... haha thats the leather grip right? i hope i'm getting the names right but seriously, i want to bring that handle with me wherever i ride
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-17-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
this is fun!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
I read every word on here because ONE, i am a fan of Slingshot and the whole Flex concept that is exploding right now and TWO, I think that I might be one of the people who could be, presumed as, "ramming slingshot down throats"

I've had a few ask me if i was a rep. Ive always just smiled and said similar things as what the other guys have said above, that they are just sharing the stoke, especially as info was VERY VERY limited. Slingshot did very little advertising in the beginning, so when i got my chance to ride i posted what i personally would have liked to know about such a new and different product -----> Everything!!! I heard lots of bad things and good, about slingshot before riding, but i still wanted to check it out for myself.

I kinda think it a little complementary when people ask if i am a representative of _______, but NOW, i am not so sure if i would feel the same. If anyone has ever thought i was "ramming ______ down their throats" than i apologize. I think i can admit to cramming "demo a slingshot if at all possible" AND "Flex is the wave of the future" a couple of times but never have i crammed the idea that "Slingshot is better for everyone." I promote the idea of DEMO! DEMO! DEMO! FIRST AND FOREMOST where ever possible.

I am the guy who wrote one of the first L-O-N-G and detailed reviews of my slingshot experience and also advocated the idea of "Thumbing a Ride" (hitch hiking a ride) for those like myself with no board. I even got picked up by an awesome guy from wakeworld that lives not far from me and said he would take me out on his boat if i could pick up a board to rent on the way up to meet him. Thanx to slingshot, and mostly this website i made new friends and had the opportunity to ride the slingshot board again AND behind a tower extension for the first time too AND share the stoke and his and his buddie's too (though neither liked the boots however).

FYI: here are my first reviews spoken of
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/457454.html?1181955081
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/472328.html?1185231148

I believe i agree that rep.s who are "SNEAKING" around is not good, but as said Slingshot- (flexnwake) is not in any camouflage and has been very informative. I have really appreciated all the photos and peaks into the '08 gear and i wouldn't mind seeing more great and detailed photos
I wish more reps would do the same, especially during this time of year where everyone is frantic to hear and see the NEW stuff

Demo the Slingshot gear. For those who have not yet tried it and those who might have recently been scared away i invite you to set aside any differences and at least try it so you can say you have tasted the new and innovative flavor of FLEX. If you like it, great! If you don't, that is wonderful too. This Flex thing is another chapter in wake history, similar to twin tip, three-stage, molded-in-fins, and other major design influences, it's not just an update or graphic change.

With A-L-L this said there are still other boards i would like to try despite my conversion to Slingshot. I bet i would love different INDIVIDUAL aspects of other boards better, however i think i will always be coming back to slingshot simply for the soft landings benefit alone... though there are many other aspects i like too.
}
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
For what it is worth, I have no affiliation with CWB and also cannot stand the way everyone on this site ball sucks the company. Nonetheless, I put up a post a few weeks ago about how amazing my new CWB Transcend Platty is because the bottom line is that the board kicks @ss!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-17-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
There is 1 and only 1 CWB and there will never be another.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-17-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
Some of the posts in this thread prove that the most loved will aways be the most hated.

If Blindside made a come back and suddenly topped the charts and generated a huge outbreak of cheerleaders on wakeworld, they too would get a hate posts. These posts we about Hyperlite 4 years ago.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
thats what sucks about on here, you cant say anything without being hated on by someone. i could start a thread called i love to wakeboard and within a day or so someone would be talkin trash. i know people who wont post on here anymore cus the reactions they get when they post an idea. its very cliquish in a lot of ways. however there is good information on here, awesome pics, its just too bad you have to sort through all the b.s. and its too bad some people see others stoke as b.s. and affliliated with a company. so go ahead and drink your haterade, im sure someone has something to say...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-17-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
I think there is a lot of extra love for the C-Dub because a few years back they looked for a way to promote their brand on a more grassroots level. (I spoke of this in a recent post somewhere) Basically they took your normal rider (ie. me and others), who aren't very good but had supported the company prior to connection and asked us what we thought. They checked graphics, designs and everything with us and asked our legitimate opinion. I rode the old Transcend and made suggestions, it was nice.

I think Slingshot is going about things the right way. After a slow start they are making demos available and like CWB, there is a reason behind the buzz. People really dig the product. Its innovation and its appreciated, whether it be Hinge Tech, Flex Tech, a Marius or whatever. People buzz on advancement. Thats what Slingshot is. People buzz on all brands, hell we all know what the boat thread looks like!

Now personally I've ridden the Slingshot a fair amount & must say it is an awesome ride. I still love my Absolute but there is a reason for the hype, the 'shot rocks.

So say what you want about hype and it annoying you. It's not Hype, it's buzz and either way its good for the company. Plus Slingshot hooks up one of my best friends and there is no one that deserves it more than he.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-17-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
Whats effed up about this thread is CWB and Slingshot are the two greatest companies in wake in my eyes.

I have a HARD time deciding whether to ride a pure or old absolute shape vs a slingshot.

I have cwb setups and both slingshot boards, and I will ride any of the three on any given day GLADLY.

Now, two other companies boards ( wont say specifically which ) boards got put on ebay, I don't ride them so I don't keep them.

Now, that is just me and my board preferences. I have let a lot of people ride my slingshots and some love it others have a hard time with it, just like ANY OTHER BOARD everyone has one that "fits" them.

I can say from personal and direct experience that both CWB and Slingshot are run by people with the right attitude and the right kind of respect for the riders that buy and support their product, Jrod included.

This thread along with many others dissing cwb slingshot or any other grassroots company should die.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
very well stated
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-17-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
word
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-17-2007, 11:54 PM Reply   
This thread is not dissing slingshot or CWB, I am sure they are both great companies. I for one own CWB gear, and may someday ride slingshot gear as well.

It is questioning the people who seem to be obsessed with them

Jason g said it best.
Old    alanp            10-18-2007, 12:53 AM Reply   
here is what i find interesting. IF slingshot is the future of wake (i've never ridden one so i can't comment) then why are so many unwilling to give up their current sticks and switch over? is slingshot like a lf fish, roam or press? just another novelty, something different to try or is this something truely revolutionary? from the reviews it seems like it may be the former. i guess time will tell. im not bashing the board in fact the buzz/hype doesnt really bother me. the people that only bought parks' boards and couldnt jump the wake kinda did though.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-18-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
The Slingshot is not a novelty board. It rides and edges very much like a regular board but it has flex which allows presses, very soft landings and it carves like mad. I was riding a Hype TFD and it was really easy to get used to the SS.
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
opinions are like butt holes....everyone has one
Old     (bakenwake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-18-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
ride one
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
To clarify my personal "slingshot is the future of wake" comment is that Flex boards are here to stay... they most likely wont be replacing "traditional boards" but i am positive they will start multiplying and replenishing the world of wakeboarding. I think most everyone will agree?

Earlier i compared the innovation to the twin-tip evolution... this might be a little bit of a stretch... Twin tip was a replacement of the uni-directional boards. However i still hold to my comparing flex innovation to 3-stage rockers and other such innovations that prove to provide a TOTALLY DIFFERENT approach to how we ride.

Some like 3-stage and some don't and that is great, all to their own stokes

Some will like the flex, but others will remain true to stiffer boards and that is great too.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-18-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   

quote:

opinions are like butt holes....everyone has one

...and they usually stink.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
"...and they usually stink."

Thane,

I heard people are having them bleached these days. I'ts gonna totally revolutionize the anus of the future.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-18-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
cool breeze...
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-21-2007, 6:11 AM Reply   
I don't see the point of complaining about all that... if you hear a lot about a company on here, that means they have good products... that they are pushing the sport by delivering technology that enhance performance and fun... slingshot pretty much is the thing right now... and CWB was a couple of years ago... so was Hyperlite at the beginning... and then Waketech... those are all companies that helped made the sport what it is today... if you can't stand reading about people that are stoked about a product line, then don't read the threads you conservative freak... you have to be open to new information and be your own judge in the end... usually all they want to do is share with you what they found out to be great so you can enjoy it yourself... there's nothing wrong with that... the secret is to demo stuff and you know it... if you can't... life is cruel... booohoo... deal with it you cry baby... that what I do...