Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ShakeNWake)      Join Date: May 2010       05-28-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
hey, i'm a new guy around here, so be gentle

but i've been out wakeboarding a few times with a friends family, and i'd debating if i should set my boat up; i really have a blast doing it, but it stinks not being able to go out when i want to!

I'm looking into Fly High products, they are a local company, and seem to have a good amount of info on their site. heres what i was thinking.. maybe getting the second tower on this page (here); the installation doesnt look TOO bad(install instructions[pdf])..im sure my friends would help me out

Also, i was thinking of getting some of those 'fatsacs' or w/e they are called..isnt more weight better to get the boat down?? i remember my friends saying something along those lines... I'm not really sure how to go about doing this, although i saw something on their site w/ a diagram of what sacs to get and where they are placed, i cant find it right now tho

oh, might help to know i also have a mastercraft x-star boat...haha that might be important!

well let me know what you guys think!! i'm not sure if i can get everything planned and in/on my boat this summer....or could i?

thanks!
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-28-2010, 8:10 AM Reply   
Dont get the second tower haha...use the tower on your x-star...Sounds like you have only been out a few times, and the x-star has plenty of factory ballast for whats sounds to be your riding level...if you do get extra sacks, weight your boat evenly (pretty much the same amount of weight in the front as the back) a lot of people just want to throw sacks in the back and none up front and they complain about the wake.

If i were you, i would get a solid foundation on riding behind your boat with the factory ballast, then build up to adding extra weight when the time is right.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-28-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
now I am confused. If you have an x-star why are looking for a tower and sacs??? Maybe I am wrong, but the "x-star" came with a tower and ballast from the factory. UNLESS you bought a theft recovery?