Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2009, 3:22 AM Reply   
So when you guys hit a new trick for the first time, do you throw the hand/fist pump/yell/throw the rope etc.? I think the first time I've landed most of my stuff (granted I havnt actually landed much new in the past 4 years) I usually do a fist pump combined with a Ric Flair-esque "whooo!" noise.

The reason I ask is because I just watched Chad Sharpe's Double toeside backroll on wakeboardingmag.com (one of the only places I can watch vids at work) and he does it flawlessly. I have seen this video previously, but even sitting here watching it at 6:15am bc of how solid of a grab he put on it and how smooth the landing was I almost threw my hand up in my cubicle. He doesn't even lift an elbow, do a bunny hop or anything. If I pulled that off I would certainly celebrate - maybe even retire from wakeboarding.

Its just hard for me to imagine someone landing their first invert,for example, and not getting excited.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-12-2009, 6:23 AM Reply   
haha...I celebrate, big time.

Chad was playin cool. Just another day at the office. haha
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
Yeah, I think the pro's try to act like they've been there before. Not me...I act like a little giddy school girl when I land something new.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
sometimes i spike the handle. But what i really like to do after landing a new trick is come right back in and try another new trick while my confidence is super high!
Old     (osu_bcky1)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-12-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
Agree with Ryan....try another new trick while you got the flow!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-12-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
I usually throw my hand up in a combination of disbelief and victory. Lots of the times I too will come in with another new trick or a trick I struggle with.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
I cheer for about 3 seconds then carve back over and try it again, usually its a 50-50 shot of landing it again and might as well say I have it in the bag then just quit right there.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-12-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
hell yeah!
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
Once I land a new trick I get this goofy grin on my face. Then I go back and try it again.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-12-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
lol, im for sure a handle spiker, but not until i get at least 2-3 fist pumps in. dont want to spike it too soon or it wont count as a land. speaking of trying another new trick right after, anyone have that under there belt. i mean back to back in row landed 2 new first time tricks. thats impressive.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
tantrum into toeside backroll when I was a kid, prob since it was the same motion. I felt invincible