Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-06-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
I bought the One's January 2nd along with a Ronix Ibex Board (and the 09' Luxe for the wife) this year. The board is killer. I am having trouble with the boots. I have only been out maybe a dozen times at most this season because of bad weather and other things to do. These boots still look brand new. Before the failure these boots were awesome and worked great.

The boots failed where the last loop is on top for the bottom laces. The highest loop is a type of elastic that goes around the ankle. I always pull the straps tight before the point, then pull slack out after these loops and snug them up. The elastic loop broke right off on the outside of the boot. After further inspection the other boot was just about ready to fail as well.

I called my local shop where I purchased the boots and as of now they are offering to trade them for the 2009 Cell or I pay the difference for the 2010 One's. This conversation was a quick one over the phone, I plan on going to the shop tomorrow to see what they have to offer. I have nothing against my local shop, I am sure they are doing what they can based on the Ronix recommendations. I am disgruntled with Ronix. I would prefere to have the One's that I purchased or replacement of equivelant One's that will last longer then a few months.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Anyone ride the Cells? 1. I am afraid of the same failure as it has been noted elsewhere that the material was not up to par. 2. Since the Cells are white and I ride in dirty water, will they turn brown after being out only a few times? 3. Will they fail just like the One's?

Side note- the Luxe already broke where the clip is on the end of the string to clip excess string to a lower lace. This does not affect the performance, so I am not worried about replacement. I just wanted to note it to see if anyone has had anyone problems.

I had CWB board and boots before these and had the same setup for 4+years with no problems. (well minor problem with boots the first summer I had them and CWB stepped up and shipped me brand new boots that were fixed were they broke, no questions asked and they lasted 4+ years).

Are my expectations to high that these boots should last a few years and if not Ronix wqould step up and fix the problem? I would've hoped for a product that lasted longer then what it did for the price. I was expecting better quality believing I was buying one of the top brand and model boots on the market.

I am an intermediate rider so I would not say I am super hard on my equipment.

What are your thoughts?
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-06-2010, 6:21 PM Reply   
pic
Attached Images

Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
I am getting pretty pissed too, I have the 2010 Cells, they are comfortable but it seems like every little clip I have breaks off, I take good care of my equipment and both buckle's that attach the excess string to the boot broke off, and today the top on the lace tightener just fell off. This is the third time I've had to call Ronix in a week to get replacement parts.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-06-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
Well i just got my 2010 ones, and maybe 10 times of use my clip broke of that clips into the side of the boot. I called ronix, and they had a replacement part here in two days. Another thing I have noticed though is that the leather on the out side against the shin has started to wear. I really like my boots though, and i have herd really good things about the cells. I definitely think ronix should step up, and replace your boots.
Old     (Gears)      Join Date: May 2010       07-06-2010, 10:52 PM Reply   
Get the cells imo, way better then the ones.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-07-2010, 4:20 AM Reply   
All equipment breaks....it just depends on the rider. With that said, I am on my 3rd pair of Cells, and will be moving onto my 4th pair shortly. I love the boot - super comfy, supportive, and light. As for the white Cells - I don't think you should have much problem with them getting dirty, at least I didn't.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-07-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
I'm riding the 2009 Cells. I really like them. They've stayed perfectly white, even in the river that we ride in. I haven't had any color issues. No clips have broken with mine at all. Knock on wood. I've busted 2 liners so far, but those have all been on some pretty nasty falls, and Ryan at SquareOne has been a great help. Ronix customer service really outdoes themselves. I highly recommend the Cells. Plus the white just looks sweet.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
I had the EXACT same thing happen to my last weekend on my 2009 Ronix Cells. They are currently at Ronix for warranty..
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-07-2010, 7:12 AM Reply   
Jeff- I saw this post and thought it was yours!!! did you get your boots yet? You missed some serious butter Monday AM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Nope, boots aren't back yet.. I was too exhausted from the weekend to even think about riding on Monday..

I'm riding my wifes hot pink and neon blue Liquid Force boots now. They are excellence.. The guys were all jealous on Seths rig on Monday!
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-07-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
I had the EXACT same thing happen to my last weekend on my 2009 Ronix Cells. They are currently at Ronix for warranty..
Did you go through your local shop where they were purchased? Or straight through Ronix? I would prefer to get the same ones, but now wondering I they will just keep breaking. I may give Ronix a call before I go to my local shop.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenk View Post
Did you go through your local shop where they were purchased? Or straight through Ronix? I would prefer to get the same ones, but now wondering I they will just keep breaking. I may give Ronix a call before I go to my local shop.

A little bit of both. I bought mine through Boarders Mall and they are currently going through restructuring or possibly closing. So Anthony from BM called Ronix and then I worked with Heather in their office directly. When you call Ronix - they will tell you to go to your local shop before they give you any info so just take them there first.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-07-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
Jeff,

I did call Ronix before I saw your post and spoke to Heather, she was very nice and helpful but did direct me to my local shop and said they would handle all warranty there.

I went to the shop, they were offerreing me Cell's because that is what they had on hand. I remembered that I did not like them because they were a little stiffer. The shop then offered to get me One's under warranty but said it might be a few days for shipping, so I believe they offered me Cell's to get me back in the water ASAP but I chose to stay with the One's. I may pay extra shipping to get them faster. The shop also said they did get a few that came through that ripped just like mine.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Jeff,

I did call Ronix before I saw your post and spoke to Heather, she was very nice and helpful but did direct me to my local shop and said they would handle all warranty there.

I went to the shop, they were offerreing me Cell's because that is what they had on hand. I remembered that I did not like them because they were a little stiffer. The shop then offered to get me One's under warranty but said it might be a few days for shipping, so I believe they offered me Cell's to get me back in the water ASAP but I chose to stay with the One's. I may pay extra shipping to get them faster. The shop also said they did get a few that came through that ripped just like mine.
I've been working with Heather too. She's been good.

The Cells are definitely the stiffest boot that Ronix makes. If you don't like stiff boots - stay away from the Cells. They are AWESOME comfortable but they are stiff to start.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-07-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
"I'm riding my wifes hot pink and neon blue Liquid Force boots now." = gay!!!!
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-13-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
I just thought I would update-my local shop is taking care of my boots under warranty.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-14-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowslider76 View Post
"I'm riding my wifes hot pink and neon blue Liquid Force boots now." = gay!!!!
**** is dope, Son. Believe it. Come ride with us tomorrow night on Burtons rig.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-14-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
I just thought I would update-my local shop is taking care of my boots under warranty.
My boots should be back from Ronix tomorrow! Decent turn around time. Less about 2 weeks to them, to get warrantied and back to me.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-15-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
I am looking at a little less then two weeks also, and should only miss one weekend without them as long as shipping shows up.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-16-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
I rode my wifes hot pink and carolina blue Liquid Force Alloys for the past 2 weeks. Pretty awesome. It sure beats my 2002 Super Suckers!