Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    newguy84            10-13-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Hey all,
Need some help choosing my first boat. I have test driven both boats and cannot decide. They are both comprable in price. The primary activity I want to do is wake surf. I am an ocean style surfer and surf most days in Santa Cruz, CA. Can you give me reasons why one is better than the other. Also what will i need in addition to the stock accessories that come with the boat.
Thanks for the help
B
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-13-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
The Centurion has a good port side surf wake when you add 400+ lbs to the port side and run about 10.5 mph. Im sure other people will have much better details that I...I havent even surfed, just played around with the wake one day. Want to learn next season though.
Sorry I cant comment on a Sanger, never seen one, much less been behind one.

(Message edited by josnow1 on October 13, 2006)
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-13-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
Wakesurfing is my passion. I ride year around in Idaho. I bought an 05' Sanger V210 to surf behind. We added rear ballast bags since it only came with the center ballast. I ride a Phase 5 Prop which is 4'6" in length. The V215 is a little bigger so it should throw an awesome wake.
Old     (dentard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-14-2006, 12:17 AM Reply   
Sue- Wow, year round in Idaho is extreme. Turn off the tube and go wakesurfing!
Brian- Why not stick to real waves? Much cheaper. The biggest accessory is the $ for the fuel.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-15-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
Brian - Just so you know. Goffy foot prop rotation is an option for 07 on all Centurions. The Elite V C4 has a killer surf wake as long as you have a few friends or some extra weight. As for the Sanger I have no idea, never been in one, but I do see alot of good things about them. If you like both and have tested both. The second most important thing is the dealer. Good luck!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-16-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
Curtis- Yea it's a little extreme but I would rather be at the lake than at the ski hill. There is just some thing about being the only boat and wakesurfer on the water that I like. The fisherman about fall out of their boats when we go by in the winter.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-16-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
Brian, although wakesurfing is very fun it doesn't compete with the ocean. I grew up and spent my first 33 years in Santa Cruz before I had a family and moved inland. I took up wakesurfing because I live next to the delta now. 10 minute drive compared to an hour and a half. I still get out every couple of months and surf with my bros. One thing I did notice after wakesurfing is that it has actually helped me out in the ocean. I surf a way smaller board now. 6' compared to my normal 6'8". Anyway I don't know about those boats but get a t-handle rope and a couple of sacks. I added 500#'s to my boat and it makes the wake huge. Also get a wakesurfboard. Many different styles. I have a Shred Stixx and an Inland Surfer. Some guys like the skim style boards but I like the tradtional style ocean boards.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old    newguy84            10-17-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
Thank you all for your support and ideas. They have given me a better idea about where to start. I think for the boat advice I might post in the boat forum. Johnny Wadd I grew up at the "hook" I lived on opal cliffs checked the surf from my house. Ate pizza at Pleaure Pizza on tuesdays. Can't beat the dollar cheese slice. My drive to the lake will be opposite yours couple mins to the beach an hour and half or so to the lake.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-17-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Brian,
I surfed the Hook all the time. Surfed with DK, Kevin, Jeremy, Bruno, Chappy, Shannon, Bruce, etc.. Chances are we have surfed together.
Late$
J