Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-05-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
Here is the deal, I am getting good pop on heel side and slowly getting more comfy on my toeside. I have been riding about a year and a half and have started throwing backrolls and just tried my first tantrum. I haven't landed either invert. I can ocasionaly land my toeside 180. I want to go for the heelside 180 and 3 but I leave the wake and feel like I don't have the time to make the rotation. I think it is just a mental thing but what help is there to progress.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
You gotta give us an idea of how high you are jumping. The fact is you might not actually have enough time in the air. Odds are though you just aren't comfortable committing to it. Put up a picture & I'll tell you if you've got the time. This summer I'll come up & we'll hit the delta, I'll teach you that 3 guaranteed.

(Message edited by Stephan on April 07, 2005)
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-07-2005, 10:47 PM Reply   
Big Heavy:

These are not the best pics but it show my average height. Sometimes I find the sweet spot and go bigger.
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-20-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
I hate to contradict Stephen on this one, but height has almost no bearing on whether or not you can land these tricks. It's all about having the fundamentals down. I've taught tons of people how to do this jumping 1 wake with about a 1-2ft of air. We do have an advantage with them because we have a dry land training tool for them to use. But you should be fine as long as you have the proper fundamentals. You can also learn it from an olli.
Good luck bro,

mike schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
ps make sure not to spin with your body off the wake. wait till your in the air
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-20-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
Mike;
Thanks for the advice and I am hoping to hear from you soon on booking some time with you on the Delta. Look forward to meeting you (again) at spring ride.
Old                04-21-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
Only a guess but it looks like you might be leaning back too much/on you edge too much and not popping strait up. For any spins (other than OA 3s, 5s) you want to edge to the wake progressively but get off your edge before/as you get to the wake. This will pop you UP more so than OUT and the rope will be loose and easier to pull. Once you get that down you should be able to pop up then make a short swift tug on the rope with both hands towards your hip and continue pulling with only your leading hand till it's all the way to your back hip. Keep your upper body tall and your head up (even if you bend your knees) and reach around with your free hand for the rope that should be right at your back hip (and easy to grab). If you get that far you will have completed everything that the 360 takes to get around and your back hand (at this point will start to become your front hand) will pull you into your landing/finished 3.

T