Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2003, 12:30 AM Reply   
since i've been lambasted for critiquing other's videos, i've finally put up one of my own so everyone can return the favor! ;)

kimberly and i were graciously invited to spend labor day weekend camping and riding with christy fisher and the rest of the norcal folks. we were warmly welcomed and got to boat hop all weekend. we had an excellent time, got a lot of riding in and made a bunch of new friends. we hope to see y'all again soon! thanks for the fun times.

since everyone had a video camera, we basically only got riding footage of ourselves on our camera (with the exception of one special cameo).

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8896 (9.4mb)

(Message edited by deepstructure on September 14, 2003)
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-14-2003, 3:39 AM Reply   
Looks like you had a good time.
Old    buttacup            09-14-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
Good job Chris, looks like you and Kimberly had fun. Nor*Cal people are the coolest (and I'm not just saying that because I grew up there )
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-14-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
Nice videdo Chris,

Wow, Kimberly that is a lot of progress in a short amount of time.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-14-2003, 4:34 PM Reply   
Great vid Chris. Brings back memories from an awesome trip... now that the hangover finally has passed! Nice riding from you both, and I like the BS wakesurfing... I'm gonna have to try that.
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-14-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
The riding was good, but I really thought you did an excellent job on the overall video. The music and the extra footage vs wakeboarding only was really good an arranged nicely.

Good Job!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-14-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
Wow, that video was a nice piece of work! Excellent!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-14-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
I agree with Cliff. The off the water stuff is cool and put together well. It captures what the weekend was about for me, which was fun and friends, and a little wakeboarding as an added bonus. Again, nice job.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-14-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
Christopher - Great work!!!! I loved all the scenes from the campground and the music fit perfectly.
Old    akman            09-14-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
C-Stack, Nice vid! Looks like you had a great time and met a really fun group of people.

Your riding is looking great in a really short time, keep up the good work.
Old    wakelvr            09-14-2003, 10:33 PM Reply   
Great video Chris. It was great meeting you and Kimberly! Wish we could have spent more time together...
Old    jetgofish            09-15-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
Chris, great job on the vid...being a Nor*Cal local and a Delta Rat, you and your gang are always the type of people I'm lookin to hook up with. Looks like you all had a great time and ya all look like a great group!

Linds, thanks for the Nor*Cal cheer! When you coming home?
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-15-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
Nice video - what program did you use?
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-15-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
I enjoyed watching your video, good job. Look forward to meeting you and Kimberly next time at one of the camping trips.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-15-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
thanks all for the compliments! glad folks are enjoying the video. and it always feels good to the approval of the video-queen herself! ;)

jimmy - ya, tried surfing switch - that was a trip. i think i only tried that once in the ocean years ago. i just did bs since i was the only one riding regular. ironically that's the third time i've wakesurfed and twice i've had to do it bs because the other riders were goofy lol.

teri - we'll have to hook up with ya next time we trapse up there (which will hopefully be soon).

jim - i mostly used premiere 6.5 to assemble it and then half-way thru got a copy of premiere pro 7, so i used that to finish it. premiere pro is nice improvement, though im not the best judge as i just dove into 6.5 a week ago. but the interface is cleaner and although they threw me by changing how some things are managed, the changes are imho for the better.

kimmy - sorry we didn't get a chance to see ya this time. definitely next time around. :-)
Old    tammy            09-16-2003, 9:45 PM Reply   
Chris, nice job on the video, I love the song! It was nice meeting you and Kimberly.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-17-2003, 5:05 AM Reply   
Chris. I've watched the video a couple of times now. I really like the minamalistic(sp?)approach to the video. Nice and clean and the video goes very well with the music. I've got it in my GOOD file.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-17-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
hey jeremy, thanks. always nice to get into the "good" file!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-17-2003, 9:12 PM Reply   
There's only one folder that's higher and it's named Scrubalicious. Mostly reserved for pro videos.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-19-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
Chris, great job on the video, looks like you had a great time. Last night we previewed Roberts attempt at video. footage of the Sports LTD tourney. He did a great job too, I will ask him to post it. thanks for sharing!!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-19-2003, 9:29 PM Reply   
thanks for the kudos robyn! definitely get that footage up. love to check it out.

oh, and i'll guess we'll see you guys at canyon lake tomorrow!

(Message edited by deepstructure on September 19, 2003)