Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-28-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
Any info on them? Good or Bad...
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-28-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
Bad
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-28-2009, 7:19 PM Reply   
Real Bad
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-28-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
Really bad finish. They do not last even 6 months.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-29-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Boutwell, I got your PM but I am just going to reply on here. Fusion products undoubtably did not do any research and development on their products. It was someone's bright idea to chrome plate their aluminum products which is a no no, and personally I don't know why you wouldn't just polish it. Anyhow the company tanked. I understand that they are some great deals on these racks right now but if you go through a couple sets a year due to the finish flaking off you really haven't saved any money. If you want a good priced board rack go to http://www.bulletlines.com.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       04-29-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
+1 For bullet lines! I have four (4) racks on my boat and have been solid for two seasons! No pitting, fading, rusting, NOTHING! PM me if you want any other info Chris but Bulletlines is the way to go IMO
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
Craig you can chrome aluminum products. I have been doing it for years on many products I have made. You just have to use a copper layer before the nickel then the chrome. The problem is if you have your stuff chrome cheap or in China they don't use the copper.

Yet another reason to buy USA!!!!!
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-29-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
I see I wasn't up to date on that. Im guessing the copper seals the metal and no gasses are released or how does that work?
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-29-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
Any other comments on the bullet racks...$180 isn't bad for a rack, if it's decent quality.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
I agree with allen.

The main problem with the Fusions was with their chroming process, not the fact that it is chrome plated aluminum. Almost everyone these days is driving around with chrome plated aluminum wheels on their car without issues. With Fusion (and some other wake manufacturers), their parts were plated in china and the chinese are notorious for bad chrome plating.

We've been chroming our products for years without any issues. I'll admit that it took us a long time to find a solid and reputable chrome plater here in the US.

As far as raw polished parts go...they look great for the first few months but they certainly take a beating in a water environment and need constant upkeep with polish etc. On the plus side they cost less.

If you want the best longest lasting protection, then you will want to consider anodized aluminum (especially if you ride in brackish water).
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-29-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
just ordered a set of bullet lines krypt racks! haven't got them in but the service from onlyinboards.com was great. e mail Ian. from what others have said they are great especially for the price
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-29-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
I run Nice Rack, racks on my boat and I think there some of the best looking and highest quality racks out there. Plus Horacio is a great guy to deal with. There a little more then alot of other racks but I think you get what you pay for and these racks are made in the USA and top quality!
Old     (deltabri)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-29-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
Bullet Lines Krypt Wakeboard Racks: I have 2 racks, and got a Krypt tower to match. All good here. Very happy.