Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-04-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
Post em' if you have em'

I have an '04 SSV (see profile). I'm trying to get the wake dialed in. IMO, it's a little too steep for my liking. I am running stock ballast (400 up front and 250 each in the back) I've messed w/ the wakeplate, changed positions of people etc...

I would like to see your pics along w/ the setup you're running(ballast, peeps, etc...).

I'll post my wake pic as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks in advance for you help.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
get a bigger bag for the front, thats what i did for my supra 21v, but 21v are also -ss heavy, that should get rid of the steepness.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-05-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
I also have a 2004 22SSV. When I first got it I also thought the wake was too steep for my liking. However, I was used to the wake (or lack there of) from my old boat which was a Ski Nautique 176.

You definitely want to upgrade the sacs from what you're running now. I run 600-700 lbs in each side of the rear and then about 1000 lbs up front. I went through several different sac configurations before settling on this set up. Trust me, this is the way to go. You can always put the plate all the way down to lessen the steepness of the wake and then raise it as you get more comfortable.

When learning a new trick I will put the plate all the way down. Otherwise I usually ride with the plate at 1/2 to 3/4 up. Here is a pick with the plate all the way down. The wake gets a little steeper with the plate up.

Upload
Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Nice looking wake!
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-05-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
wow, dude, that wake is friggin' huge!
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-05-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
Erick I've got a 1200# fat couch you can borrow to dial it in
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
Hey John, thanks. I wanted to get out today cause the weather was sweet 62 degrees. Problem is my bindings are at hyperlite. Guess I could have glued some sandpaper on the board and made it a wakeskate

I'll have to take you up on that offer. I'll give you a call soon. Thanks again.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-05-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
We got out on sunday and it was nice. Rode a couple of times without the gloves and hood. I'm sure I'll see you out there this summer. We practically live there when the suns out. Lemme know if you wanna use the couch, I'll just let you take it as long as you need it. I don't run that kind of weight. My skill level doesn't warrant an ass load of weight.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-06-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
Do you have the walk-thru or playpen in your bow?? Only 400lbs up front is way light. Here is my setup, 1200lbs bag in the bow, 500s in the rear (note on a 22ssv it will overload the compartments and push up cushions) plus we had a good crew this day. One of the best I days I ever had on this boat.

Upload
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Damn Richard. I'd have to be under 5' tall for my Bayliner wake to look that big. Man I can't wait to trade for an inboard.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-06-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Well I'm only 5'9", so that should give you some perspective. Supras definitely throw a nice wake if you weight them properly. Like I said, the plate is all the way down in that pic. With the plate up the wake gets much steeper and has a nice lip at the the top.

Funny thing about my wake is I know how to dial it in when there is there is no more than 3 people in the boat and one in tow. When I add just one more person everything gets thrown out of whack. I either need to drive faster or let some water out of the sacs to get the wake cleaned up. I'm sure if I rode with more people more often I would know what the right combination of speed/ballast is, but I'm a strong believer in "No 5 Man Rotation" I can't stand waiting 2 hours in-between sets!
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
Dan, I have the playpen and I'm just running the stock bags right now.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-06-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Sweet, get a Fly High 19x88 bag from your dealer and you'll be pumped. A good deal is to run the Fly High v-drive twins as well for the rear, they stack 400lbs on each side and I think they sell for $199 or something like that for the pair.
Old     (mattyreb)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-06-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
i have a 04 ssv, i run 2 750s in the v drive usually put 500 in um when wakeboarding, extra 250 is nice when surfing, ive got 1000 in the mid and 250 in lead in the bow. the wake plate is all the way down and the wake is sick and not steep also its clean out 75-80ft at 24 mph. the 750s dont fit great in the v drives just keep an eye on um so the connects dont get jacked
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       03-13-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
Yea that is one problem I have had upgrading the to the 750lb sacs is the damn connects keep popping off and filling the bilge unexpectedly!